Q&A Forums

Spraying parallel chord roof trusses Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Jason Hartkopf
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 10:40 AM
Spraying parallel chord roof trusses
Looking for suggestions on spraying a roof in a cold climate w/ cc foam. The roof system is parallel chord roof trusses (about 24" deep). I am planning on spraying 5" to the underside of the roof sheathing. Has anybody had any issues with the dead space between the foam and the sheetrock/interior ceiling? I apprecite any suggestions or experiences. Thx.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Mar 16, 2008 10:49 AM
Should be no issues. A dead space is just that.

I assume that you are referring to truss joists? If so, just spray between them as you would any other truss or joist. Be sure to encapsulate the top chord as good as possible and foam the rim (bandboard) areas.

Have fun.

oG
Ron Schlamp
Posted: Apr 06, 2008 10:34 AM
I understand spraying 5" of cc foam to accomplish two things 1-to meet building code R values for roof insulation 2- to allow foam to encapsulate the top cord.
Has anyone been successful in convincing building authorities that the a cc roof application acts as a wall and only requires like thickness in application? I understand that anything beyond 3" in cc rapidly looses is const effectiveness - cc reaches 95% of it's effectiveness somewhere between 2-3"?
What is the purpose for encapsulating the top cord?
How is the spray applied to the overhang soffit area on a deep truss system?
Ron

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.