Q&A Forums

Sprayfoam's Other uses Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Dec 22, 2010 07:04 PM
Sprayfoam's Other uses
Hi guys, I am a spray foam roofer first, polyurea applicator second and sprayfoam insulation guy third. I prefer my work in that order if I can and I would rather be outside any day than inside.

Sometimes weather doesn't allow me to work when I want to work.

The past two years, I have picked up spray foam jobs that haven't quite been the norm. I did about a dozen caves out of foam for the Sci-fi channel, B Movies and Feature films (better than anything Hollywood can come up with), I did 4 rock waterfall inside private residences, two outside, 4 koi ponds with rock waterfalls, a dozen or so silicone molds taken from trees to rock walls, etc...

Bottom line, in 2010, my little hobby made as much as a bunch of $30,000.00 to $50,000.00 roofs and three $500,000.00 roofs mixed in.

Some of you guys may laugh, but if you have any kind of imagination at all, roofing and insulation is not your only way to make a living with foam.

The reason for this post is that I am doing some further training with John Kells, who first introduced me into this world while he was doing a rock trade show booth for Regal Nails in Vegas.

The booth was probably $125K that he was charging and when I went over to take a look I was amazed at what I could be doing.

John will be coming into Baton Rouge in February to work with me on GFRC (Glass Fibered Re-inforced Concrete); however, between his partner and myself, we are going to be putting on a seminar to include the following:

Rock Caves
Boulders
Rock Waterfalls
Ponds
Tree Replicas
Silicone Molds
Polyurethane Moulding
Glass Fibered REinforced Concrete
Basic Painting/Coating structures to make look indegenious to the specific area that you are trying to emulate
Basic Spray Foam Mechanics

I am working on getting my supplier BASF involved and if anyone else has some idea's, feel free to shoot me an email.

If anyone has any interest in spraying something other than a roof or wall stud and would like to learn the tools to make better money in the process, shoot me an email: steve@alphaonespf.com

John Kells Website is as follows:

http://www.advancedart101.com

Most of his projects are a combination of Spray foam and Glass Fibered Reinforced Concrete.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.