Q&A Forums

scraping foam from studs and removing high spots for sheet rock to fit Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
David Kailey
Posted: Aug 01, 2006 10:05 AM
scraping foam from studs and removing high spots for sheet rock to fit
We use a big kitchen Knife and a curly-Q horse brush. What works for u guys?
Posted: Aug 02, 2006 08:59 PM
we use a paint scraper with a 2" blade for studs for both open and closed cell...
we use the da sander with the long blades for open cell foam bun trimming, and use a "foam planer" for closed cell buns,,,
we have a "menagerie" of hand saws for some of the "special needs" triming...my favorite is a 12" trim saw with the toothed & curved nose,,seconded only by my 24" 2 sided tree pruning saw..rough teeth one side,,smoother on the other...necessity is the mother of invention....
i have used a wire cup brush and it makes for a real nice surface if it dont get away from you.."warning will robinson",,,use a pneumatic angle grinder cause the foam powder dust will fry an electrics brushes in no time flat...

FLAME ON
"the guy that has the cellulose cutter with the electric drill power for $1400 should be horsewhipped,,,repeat after me "s******s man,,,wing tips"....look for the cellulose cutter at any reputable cellulose vendor for 1/3 the money...dont know if they work on foam...if they do they are probably work 5 times thier cost..LOL"
FLAME OFF
(been wanting to post that for some time,,damn i feel better...)
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Aug 07, 2006 10:48 PM
haw
Posted: Aug 08, 2006 06:42 AM
they keep "bumping"
"s******salesman" from my posts...
if they do it again, it is the things you wear on your feet...just wanted all to know that i do not try to post offensive language...
must hit close to someones loafers....
like they say..
if the s******fits wearit...
Andy Hull
Posted: Aug 08, 2006 03:42 PM
Call this place and ask for a "scarfing blade". 36" is what I use for open cell. Attach it to an axe handle or just make a handle on the blade with duct tape. Don't bother with a regular saw, use these. For closed cell use a curry comb.....

800-262-4695

Andy

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.