Q&A Forums

Respirators Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Brian Currie
Posted: Jul 23, 2006 09:32 PM
Respirators
We are setting up new sf business and would like to know what kind of air supplied pumps to use and where to get them.Have been told to get something to use with vortex coolers.Thanks
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jul 27, 2006 10:21 AM
3M makes a good air hood.
L-501

There are also numerous air panels & suitcase filters that provide Grade D breathing air. Martech makes one, as does NST.

A cheaper way to filter the air is to use a Clemco sandblast air filter. Very simple and relatively inexpensive. The vortex coolers also work very well in warm weather.

have fun,

gcw
Brian Currie
Posted: Jul 27, 2006 08:22 PM
Thank you Olger.
Posted: Jul 29, 2006 10:53 AM
air pumps: bullard, sas, 3m and the like...
should be able to find on the net or at any safety equipment supply house,,,i use continental safety for mine cause the have a local office...

vortex chillers are great,,,but they take a ton of cfm to run em...they are not filters but are either chillers or heaters,,depending on what your needs and which you buy.,,

when looking at hoods and full face masks,,consider the amount of glue/tape on the peel-offs...serious,,,the brand i first used thought the 3/16" glue strip would be enough to work,,it aint,,they didnt stick well once there was any overspray on the lens, and once there was any drift on the hood/lens i had to remove the hood to put em on so i could accurately place em,,(fumes/mists/vapors bad!!!)at about a buck a throw you dont want to be wasteing em..now i use the 3m 6900 full face..its peel-offs are ok,,but they all need about a 1/2" strip on each side...
look back through the previous topics and you will see good dialoge on the repirators being used by those posting...
olger,,thanx for the blast filter reference ,,,gonna take a look at this 4sure...

gentlemen,,,,start your proportioners.....
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Jul 29, 2006 11:46 PM
When using supplied air, which is the best face protection to use? I believe Foamdude mentioned using a hood for supplied air. Is that typical or is the mask the norm?
Posted: Jul 30, 2006 09:41 PM
i have the hood and full face and 1/2mask supplied air capable...
keep the pump out of the sun and more important out of the spray process exhaust air movement..the moveing air helps keep the temple cool so i like the hood and use it most often if im going to take the time and pull the stuff out..

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.