Q&A Forums

recirculation Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Jeffrey Pilapil
Posted: Feb 26, 2007 12:26 PM
recirculation
my question is if I recirc through the drums to bring my barrels up to spray tempature- bringing them up to 60 or 90 from 30 or 40 degrees will I somehow damage the chemical (B) if the proportioner heater is set at spray tems of 130-140 and reduce yeild?
Jeffrey Pilapil
Posted: Feb 26, 2007 12:33 PM
Post script: this is 1.7 lb closed cell foam I'm refering to specificlly
Posted: Feb 26, 2007 05:32 PM
It depends on your proportioner. For some machines with 6000 watt heater (3000 per side) no matter how high you have the settings, you will only get a delta T of about 50-60*. If you have a big machine then you can get it up hotter, but there is no need to get it above 80*.

Hope that helps!

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
Michael Flander
Posted: Mar 08, 2007 05:33 PM
When you recirculate, you are actually putting the material under pressure and then releasing this pressure when it hits the recirc tube going into the barrel. What this means to all you closed cell users is that if you boil the resin going through the machine, when it hits the barrel it will froth as the pressure releases.

In other words, when recirculating the resin, set your temp only as high as you want it to be. Your material manufacturer should give you an exact temp.
Posted: Aug 02, 2007 02:41 PM
much easier to keep a hot waterbed heater on the drums overnight to keep em from gettin too cold.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.