Q&A Forums

Slow Very Slow Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Mike Glace
Posted: Feb 26, 2007 05:41 PM
Slow Very Slow
Hey man I dont know about you guys but man I am slow this yr so far I am not sure what the deal is but we are doing 1 job a week if we are lucky. Seems like no one wants to move I keep on doing estimates but everyone just cant make there mind up. Right before the new yr we were swamped 3 to 5 jobs a week attics, crawls, and new cons homes now a nose dive I am taking cellulose jobs just to bring in some revenue for the el cheapos who cant afford foam and dont want to realize the benefits. How are all of you guys doing staying busy or did you guys get slow too.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Feb 26, 2007 09:20 PM
Most of the guys that buy foam from me have been slow this past month.

George
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Feb 27, 2007 08:13 AM
Yep, No foamin' here either. We are new and off to a slow start for wall insulation. Biggest problem is price. Nobody cares about the savings because we have the cheapest electric in the country. People are glassing walls for .30/ft and spraying r30-lose for about the same. When I tell them 1.30 to 1.60 for walls and around 2.00 for roof lines, that ends the conversation. They don't want to hear about any of the benes. Only concern is $$$ and I didn't make the investment to make a wage. If foam is going to be accepted in my markets, they are going to have to get creative with their prices. I'm paying the same price for foam as the guys in the larger markets are paying and my market just can't bare it. I doubt the manufacturers are going to budge.
Thomas Kasper
Posted: Feb 27, 2007 11:57 AM
Our construction is slow and our foaming is slow, but together it keeps two guys working. Around us, new houses were being built like crazy for 7-8 years. Not any more. The last couple years our main thing is house additions and foaming them.
Todd Baxter
Posted: Feb 28, 2007 07:09 AM
how slow is slow??? I want to get in the spray foam business, but I am still working with the marketing side of it. Do you guys run a lot of ads for new work???
Mike Glace
Posted: Feb 28, 2007 09:55 AM
I never really ran any ads yet we are doing a big advertising campaign right now for architects,builders, and homeowners getting additions. Have you guys ran advertising yet and if so what kind of turn around rate are you getting.
Posted: Feb 28, 2007 04:42 PM
Newby and others

Have you considered these options to show the benefits and maybe help increase sales of sprayfoam.

Would it help to use a company such as energywisestructures.com that guarantee that homes will use less energy by using such products as sprayfoam or icf.

Do you do door blower testing to compare how much air leakage there is after applying sprayfoam and how much air leakage their is in the average usa home leaks.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.