Q&A Forums

Probler P2 Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Oct 28, 2013 01:22 PM
Probler P2
Is this gun still available anywhere? Anyone still using it? We have two P2s and they worked fine. Were supposed to be a great gun for Polyurea which is why we went with the P2. Never could dial it in for spraying wall foam. Just couldn't get the consistent spray pattern for a single pass wall cavity with open cell. Never could find the right fan tips.

Would like to look at a different gun and backup so we have options. I think the GX7 may be more than our guys can deal with. Need something fairly simple and serviceable but with good production. Recommendations?
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Oct 28, 2013 02:27 PM
Graco still makes the P2 gun and all the parts for it. They have redesigned the side blocks so that you can take the filters out without having to remove the side blocks. Makes sense as I always wondered why glascraft hadn't designed it that way. We set most new guys up with Fusion clearshot guns. Being able to spray for hours on end without having to drill really increases production! Especially with the winter formulations of closed cell!

George
SPFer
Posted: Oct 30, 2013 01:47 PM
We use the P2 and like it, but that is the only gun we have ever sprayed. Just bought a new one from George at SPFDONE.
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Oct 31, 2013 11:24 PM
Can the newer side blocks be adapted to the older guns?
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Nov 01, 2013 08:16 AM
yes, the new side blocks fit the old gun head. There are new filters that go with the new side blocks. The screens, side seal housing, side seal, springs, check ball, and delrin seal are all the same. You can get a kit that has 2 new side blocks and 2 new filters. The new ones are quite a bit cheaper than the old ones.

George
Jesse Michalski
Posted: Nov 02, 2013 06:08 AM
If you want to go with a new gun, I have found that training guys to rebuild the Fusion AP gun has been pretty straightforward. Great gun, sprays well, and it's easy to rebuild. For O Ring stock, it's not too big of a deal. We keep two complete oring rebuild kits in the rig at all times, as well as about 6 specific bags of graco orings for the main rings that wear out like side seals, check valves, etc.

Capable of spraying very nice foam roofs if your machine can push enough material to get into the 5252 or 6060 tips.

With closed cell foam, We have tried to stay away from 4242 tips because the drill bits to clean the tip seem just a bit to thin for some guys, and they break em off. Once you get to the 5252 tip, it seems to solve the problem. You have to move faster, but what's wrong with more production!

For open cell, it's great with any tip you feel comfortable spraying with. It's a good gun for the general foam applicator. I did some research initially and landed on the Fusion and have been very pleased. We keep two. One is always soaking in DMP. When one goes down, the parts are easily blown clean on the spare and you can slap it together in a minute or two, assuming your orings are in nice shape.
shadrick wall
Posted: Nov 08, 2013 01:44 PM
The p2 is a great gun, lightweight, and the parts are not that bad to mess with. Unfortunately I have sprayed the d-gun, gx-7's , the original problem and fusion, and the same problems arise with all of them...holding patterns.. So many of the foams today with all the (different brews) require different temps, mixing procedures, ect.. So many factors affect that pattern staying consistent, like if your spraying straight overhead, spraying walls, or spraying down onto a roof. A lot of your pattern is going to deal with dialing in your heat, pressure, and distance away from substrate.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Nov 08, 2013 04:45 PM
If a bad pattern is your biggest concern, try the Graco clear shot gun. A little learning curve as the tolerances on the gun are very tight and there is less room for error. Once you get the hang of it, you will never spray with anything else! Unless you are a roofer, then you will still use your GX-7.

Have a great weekend!

George
Jesse Michalski
Posted: Nov 09, 2013 12:09 AM
I agree with the comment about the general pattern issues associated with various guns. Knowing the adjustments helps. I've also been keeping a small can of DMP near me at all times. When I need to drill the tip out, this product really does a nice job of cleaning out the mixing chamber and helps maintain some consistency from that side of it.
Posted: May 03, 2017 05:49 AM
Hello,
In addition to long [url=http://www.galloproofing.com/services-view/outer-banks-gutters/] outer banks gutters [/url] life-span and energy savings, Dura-Foam reduces your carbon footprint through various Green Roofing construction practices. For example, your existing roof materials such as gravel and asphalt membranes may be re-purposed. Also, you will reduce landfill waste by installing a foam roof that will never need to be replaced.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.