Q&A Forums

PHOTOS SprayFoam over existing tile roof Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
David Pressler
Posted: Apr 25, 2010 04:46 PM
PHOTOS SprayFoam over existing tile roof
I would like to pursuade an owner to spray over his existing tile roof, based on the fact that it is structurally sound. I cannot find any photo examples of foam over an existing roof and Cosmetics are big issues

Photos of finished foam over tile roofs would be appreciated.
Dennis Davidson
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 03:21 PM
I've sprayed foam over several tile roofs. I've sprayed both ceramic and cement tile roofs in Florida and directly over shingle roofs too. Works Great! With a white coating on the foam it looks like a light layer of snow. I have some photos of these roofs but my scanner isn't working. As soon as I get them on my computer I'll try to post them.
Posted: May 05, 2010 10:40 PM
Sorry, can help you on that one. Got some overspray on some nice 100 year old tiles in the French Quarter one time, but that is as far as I have gone on spraying over tiles.
David Pressler

Builder of Off Grid monolithic indestructible concrete structures with exterior foam ALSO Foam Domes.

Posted: May 06, 2010 10:15 AM
Hey if you still have photos of that project send them something is better than nothing, perhaps

lunarcon@aol.com
Posted: Jul 22, 2010 10:31 AM
We did 1'000's of flat tile roofs over the years. After pressure cleaning we squeeged a modified cement which filled all gaps. We then sprayed 1/2 inch of foam and two coats of acrylic. By doing so Filling and using less foam) we kept the appearance of the tile. Spraying a full inch rounded the butts and made it look to gingerbread house like. Have them applied as old as 40 years.

Thanks,
Tom
David Pressler

Builder of Off Grid monolithic indestructible concrete structures with exterior foam ALSO Foam Domes.

Posted: Jul 22, 2010 12:57 PM
Yes I have heard that it has been done but as of yet no or few photos of before and after results.

I now seeking a solution to a coating over acrylic sealer. Due to the wavy foam I would like to apply a coat of something over the sealer to smooth out the finish any suggestions would be great.

D Pressler

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.