Q&A Forums

Thoughts..... Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Cory Boehs
Posted: Apr 24, 2010 10:53 PM
Thoughts.....
Just wrapped up a home show...
folks, this industry needs to take a look at the SPF companies that are out there pulling the trigger.
I am not saying I didn't have a learning curve, or that I knew everything when I started (nor do I after 2.5 years!), but the displays I seen show that some of these companies do not have a working knowledge of the foam they are spraying. 3/8" gaps on all four sides of half pound cavities, scarfing jobs that tore chunks of foam out to within an inch of the substrate, etc. As out friend foamdude puts it, physics is physics. If companies put out displays like this, what are they spraying in the field? I really think this hurts the industry as a whole. I love spray foam, and I want every one of you do succeed. Let's take it up a notch. There. Maybe I will feel better now. LOL Hope to hear sumpin out of the rest of you!
Posted: Apr 25, 2010 11:17 AM
......If you show great displays and do terrible work, the customer will be dissapointed.

However, if you do bad displays and mediocre work, their will have been an upside to your overall work..... The customer will have received more than they bargained for.

Sell bad, do mediocre and ultimately Cory, you and I will be busy all of the time.

I agree with you 100 %

Did you do BR or Lafayette show?
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: May 10, 2010 09:28 PM
Some of the displays that I have seen at homeshows are down right disgraceful. Open cell foam with voids the size of my fist. Or with cell structure that was so course, I would doubt the performance of the foam. Closed cell that looked like it was mixed up in a bucket and thrown onto the wall. Can't believe that the companies were trying to sell something that looked so bad. I agree with you Cory, there is alot of sub par work going on out there. Can't do quality work at the cheapest price.
Posted: May 11, 2010 06:26 AM
george,,
sound like the closed cell
could be the wonderful froth pak kit
you know,,magnum,,like your rubbers!!!
and,,according to the manufactureres
claims,,well right here on this site..
you dont need no special equipment
you dont need no special safety gear
you dont need no special training
you dont need no high priced contractor
do it yourself
save BIG money
...but they pay their dues...
chad harris
Posted: May 11, 2010 09:36 PM
We have not actually done the home show thing, but after reading this, we may have to! Many of our accounts/customers, come by word of mouth! We know that is direct result of the work we do. Aesthetics are huge! Some may think it's no big deal, but it is!

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.