Q&A Forums

nontraditional jobs Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Eric Sparks
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 02:28 PM
nontraditional jobs
what are some of the nontraditional jobs that you have saw or heard about.
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 01:05 AM
well sparky,,
i spray passive solar cattle waterers for the amish community,,these are made of 55 gallon drums, closed cell foam and a few other provisions,,,
we have been involved in a couple of straw bale homes this year,,,non-traditional construction for sure!!
filled the body cavities (sounds a bit erotic eh??) of a full size blazer which had a competition sound system for sound/vibration control....
have shot numerous trailers of various configurations,,from spray rigs,,to job trailers,,to electronic equip trlrs,,to equistrian trailers,,,
filling trenches carrying hydronic tubeing from one builing to another...
slab on grade as part of a radon control system...
filled a 7' cross-shaped "form" for a 4th of july float,,,,
slab on grade under above ground pools for an insulated base...(mine heats up faster,,and holds the heat longer,,,swimmy good :)~~~ )...
filling rusted out quarter panels of my buddies rusted out rides..lol...works great,,no gravel road dust,,,

while watching folks fill and throw sand bags and do the plastic/tarp thing with the bags,,,i was a-thinkin,,,wrap the structure with shrink wrap and give her a 1" coat of closed cell foam with a "skirt" on the ground away from the building,,ballasted by the sandbags...dare to dream...

im know im forgetting a few others sparky,,,

'dude
Eric Sparks
Posted: Jun 30, 2008 02:31 PM
that is some intersting uses anyone else have anything to add to the list. thanks for the reply.
Eric Sparks
Posted: Jul 09, 2008 07:33 PM
could you tell me how you did your pool, my parents have one and will be needing a liner in the near future.anyone else have any other uses.
mason
Posted: Jul 12, 2008 09:37 AM
Sparky,

I am not sure what you mean by non traditional but here is a partial list of projects that I have personally sprayed.
Poultry sheds, pig farms, alligator farms, refinery tanks, pipes and refracting towers, exterior decorative sculptures (such as sharks, octopi,large fish, etc), filling in cave entrances, domes, ice holds in ships and fishing boats, flotation bouys, masts of ships (for structural strength), floating docks, cryogneic buildings (extreme cold storge, minus 60 degrees F), crawl spaces of commercial buildings, picture framing metal buildings to keep the roof and walls from blowing away during storms, mine shaft entrances & tunnels, structural support for fighter jets, shock absorption in mine fields for tanks, portable blow up buildings in remote areas, cold storage facilities, processing plants, and warehouses.

Hope that helps
Rob Granger
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 08:32 AM
Sparky,
We just picked up our first two unusual jobs: 54 benches for prisons and 7 buoys for the New York State Power Authority - to be used for the ice boom in Lake Erie which stops ice from flowing into the Niagara River and clogging the hydro power inlets. Hopefully many more of these unusual jobs will follow!!!

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.