Q&A Forums

Mixing Chamber Clogging Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Yvan Richard
Posted: Dec 19, 2010 11:20 PM
Mixing Chamber Clogging
I use a Fusion AP gun with an AR4242 tip. Lately the mixing chamber has been clogging up far too often. I had to change tips when spraying 400sq.ft.of crawlspace at 4" thick.

My temps are at 125f across the board. My air pressure is at 100 psi and the air dryer is on. I have unscrewed the air needle valve to allow more air but that hasn't helped.

I know how to unclog it. But how do you prevent it? Any suggestions?
Cory Boehs
Posted: Dec 20, 2010 06:59 PM
Born To Spray, I take it you are talking closed cell? I have had good luck switching my air off(safety is on) and squirting carb cleaner down in the mixing chamber. Turn your air back on and drill er out 1 more time........ Turn your heat down, but you've been around here long enough to know that.
Daniel X
Posted: Dec 20, 2010 08:48 PM
Might be as simple as running your hose heat to high...

Usually the "clean out" air does little to help the problem for me, and I have to lose a few degrees of heat depending on ambient temp. and if my hose is laying in the sun or not.
Yvan Richard
Posted: Dec 20, 2010 09:22 PM
Thx I will try turning down the temp.
Brian Currie
Posted: Dec 23, 2010 06:33 AM
I dip my drill bit in dynasolve and fill my chamber every night just keep dipping and putting bit into tip about 5 or 6 times,hang the gun so tip is facing up.Next day will spray for hours without problems.I use almost no grease,all grease does is clog up a gun quicker.If gun starts clogging quicker during a job you can shut off material valves turn the air off and put dynasolve in the tip same way,go have a snack and start over again.
steven argus
Posted: Dec 23, 2010 10:58 AM
Brake cleaner all day, every day!! Love it. And thank you very much foamdude. I believe you first sugested it.
Gianni Latona
Posted: Dec 26, 2010 08:03 PM
Someone please update me on brake cleaner, what kind of uses you getting out of it. I heard some crazy ish on here, to use spam instead of pur release. Any one has any helpful hints, would be greatly appreciated. Ive been having issues with my mixing chamber clogging as well, almost always with closed cell. Also, do you guys do the trick with the air adjustment turning a full turn? Should this always be done or only when having an issue?
Posted: Jan 05, 2011 05:33 PM
Remember that most manufacturers have a winter formula witch is faster to react, this will really show up in an air purge gun as far as clogging.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.