Q&A Forums

lets talk air compressors Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
philip mullins
Posted: Jul 23, 2007 01:14 PM
lets talk air compressors
you guys know anything about sullair? i am not familiar with thier product but, i know where a supposed good deal is on a 15 horse screw. also looking at a used IR 15 horse screw with 8000 hrs for 3 grand. and a US AIR 15 horse screw for 5 g's. all of these are more than sufficient for the new rig. i am mostly concerned about reliability and cost of ownership. so any input would be greatly appreciated. tx in advance.
Tim O'Keefe
Posted: Jul 23, 2007 02:14 PM
www.eatoncompressor.com

Although my last experience was a little challenging they did make right with me in the end and I would do business again with them.

Ask for Matt, don't settle for anyone else!

Also I would shy away from used equipment. Hard to say what kind of life they have had.

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
philip mullins
Posted: Jul 23, 2007 10:10 PM
tx for the reply. but, i already spoke with matt and he told me that you can not use a screw compressor with a generator. ???????????

IR, sullair, and US air all told me that screw type compressors are even better candidates for generators than piston types due to all the fail safes.

steve at us air hooked me up with a fair deal on a new unit with a good waranty. i'll let y'all know how it turns out. but, so far he has been very helpfull and answered all my questions without having to 'get back to me'.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 08:29 PM
Compair HV05 (got one_)

Also got a Champion 7.5 three phase.

That 15 hp screw will take mucho generator. Better plan on a 60.

`og
Greg Pruitt
Posted: Dec 06, 2007 10:10 AM
just changed out to a screw type 20HP compressor,EXILERATING! This has been our problem form day one, not enough air to do what needed to be done. I highly recommend skipping the 10 HP compressors and go to 15 or 20 HP. I do not know why the manufacturers start you out with less thatn what is actually needed. We fingured it out, when our compressor went down and we rented a pull behind. Our problems ceased.
Tim O'Keefe
Posted: Dec 06, 2007 12:46 PM
What problems were you having? I can't see a 10hp piston compressor not being able to keep up with the drum pumps and air purge. If you add on air saws etc I can see it being insufficient. We have a 5hp piston compressor that works perfect for just the pumps and air purge.

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.