Q&A Forums

ISO filling up TSL jug on E30 Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Yvan Richard
Posted: Aug 18, 2010 11:27 PM
ISO filling up TSL jug on E30
My TSL jug on the ISO side keeps filling up with ISO. It has been suggested that there are tiny scracthes along the pump shaft caused by crystalized iso. Should I look at replacing the shaft? Thanks
Posted: Aug 21, 2010 08:02 AM
I had that same problem one time. The bottle was getting all milky looking. I took the pump apart and cleaned it all up. There is a steel ball at the bottom that may be sticking. Take your time when you do this observing how things come apart so they all go back in the same sequence. Also, use the "search forums" window above you can find a lot of answers to some of your questions this way. Good luck.
Yvan Richard
Posted: Aug 21, 2010 12:29 PM
Thanks I will give that a try.
clint moore
Posted: Sep 01, 2010 11:13 AM
Depending on how old the machine is and its usage the packings could be worn and are beginning to leak. Definately want to inspect the shaft,as well as the lower seat.
Yvan Richard
Posted: Sep 05, 2010 10:27 PM
The machine has about 32000 strokes on it. I learned that I have not been parking the machine properly. This allows for ISO to crystallize and this scracthes the piston.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Sep 06, 2010 08:57 AM
Do you actually have ISO in the lube, or is the lube just turning white and getting thick? Lube that is getting white and thick is normal and needs to be changed before it turns into paste. If you have not been parking the machine properly, then you probably scored the oring that seals around the top of the pump rod and the small iso recirc pump built into the top of the fluid pump. It is #26 on page 22 of this manual. http://wwwd.graco.com/Distributors/DLibrary.nsf/Files/309577/$file/309577H.pdf For an E30 it is Graco part # C20111. If you did not park your machine and let it sit for extended periods of time, you might have also scored the top pump seal #20 on the same page, Graco part # 117448. If I were you, I would just get a complete pump rebuild kit, Graco part # 15C852. It would be unfortunate if you took the pump apart and noticed something else needed to be replaced and you didn't have it. We have these in stock...

Hope this helps,

George Spanos
SFDONE
Linerman
Posted: Sep 07, 2010 08:01 PM
NHsprayfoam forgot to mention that you will need a case of beer as it will take you a day or two,,,,,,don't forget the lube it'll make the shaft easier to slide back in;)
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Sep 08, 2010 10:55 PM
Of course if you have a case of beer it will take you a day or two. If you wait till your finished to have the beer, it will only take you 3 or 4 hours the first time. After that, maybe 2 hours. Yes, lube, plenty of lube... White lithium grease on all the seals and orings will make it slide back together nicely
Yvan Richard
Posted: Sep 09, 2010 08:45 PM
I took apart the pump and there was crystallized iso around the top of the cup. There was some scoring on the piston rod and the packings are a bit worn. At this piont I am point going to nurse it for a while to due budget. Start up companies are fun!!!

I only found the above problem because I have no A side pressure. Figured out after many hours that I have blockage somewhere in my B side hose. Flushed a few things out, but I will be using a fish tape at least on the whip.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Sep 09, 2010 09:03 PM
Don't waste your time on the B side. If you have iso crystals in your pump, why do you think the b side is blocked? If both a and b pressures on the reactor are 0 and you turn the pump on, do a and b come up together? If they do and you squeeze the trigger and the b loses pressure and the a climbs, it is not that the b is not pumping, it is that the a can't escape. Not understanding your comment that you have no a side pressure so you must have a blockage in your b side hose.

George
Yvan Richard
Posted: Sep 10, 2010 09:50 PM
George,

I disconnected, my hose from the proportioner and put a temporary hose with gauges. When I turned the pump on both gauges came up to pressure and actually produced some nice foam.

When I put my hose back on the proportioner, the b side builds up pressure and A side stays at 0. I flushed out the b side but nothing improved. I tried using a fish tape but its a slow process and think I may have found some blockage but can't push through it. Could I being doing damage inside the hose with the fish tape?

Do you have any other suggestions?

I will be working on it all weekend. If you are bored I can be reached at 204-299-7700 and I will call you back on my dime.

Thx

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.