injection Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
alex bondrea
Posted: Jan 20, 2015 09:24 PM
injection
Hi
I’m new to this kind business
My questions are:
1) I have E 20 whit Fusion gun also I have Pour Nozzle Kit 248528 Can I do injection whit this kind rig and equipment? I’m using Henry products
2) Customer has manufacture house and he want to spray foam on the ceiling if anybody familiar whit manufactures houses is not attic but is some space between couple inches on side up to 1 ft. on center also I want to mention the people are living in the house
What’s the best way to spray this? Take the roof of a spray against drywall? He’s thinking to replace the roof anyway

Thanks
mason
Posted: Jan 21, 2015 03:38 PM
You have to be careful injecting foam into cavities. If you use a foam that is not designed for pour in place applications, it is easy to create too much exothermic heat and scorch the foam or in severe cases, the foam could auto ignite. Having said that, even when you use the right foam, it is easy to mess it up.

Things to know:
cream time of the foam
rise time of the foam.
time needed between foam lifts.

Cream time is important. This is the time the foam is mixing but not yet starting to rise. You can pour foam during the cream time, but not when the foam starts to rise. For example, if the cream time is 20 seconds, you can pour foam for 20 seconds until you have to stop. If you continue pouring over rising foam, it will ruin the cell structure and possibly cause too much heat.

Next, wait for the foam to rise completely and for the foam's interior temperature to start to dissipate. This may take a few minutes to over 20 minutes depending on the foam.

Ask you supplier to provide technical help along with data sheets to assist in getting it done correctly.

2. I would prefer to spray from the outside in rather than the other way around. Only problem I see is if you get caught by rain before the roof can be reinstalled. Make sure the occupants are not inside the home when you spray. I see no way to keep the fumes from entering the house. Wait at least 24 hours before letting them back in. Also check the foam quality at regular intervals by taking foam samples to verify the cell structure is good and the foam is not getting too hot. Keep your lifts to less than 2 inches and wait at least 10-20 minutes between passes. Also make sure the foam does not get sprayed into the house by covering the ceiling with plastic and being careful around cracks and crevices.

Good luck

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.