Q&A Forums

how much $$$$$$$$ Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
philip mullins
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 06:48 PM
how much $$$$$$$$
what is the going rate for cc foam in a residential app.? how much,if any, do you guys discount for builders? i wanna keep my prices in the same ballpark as everyone else. i think it is better for the industry if we remain consistent. tx in advance.
Luke Kujacznski
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 08:27 PM
Where I am the range is about .90-$1.00 per board ft
Thomas Kasper
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 08:21 PM
On small jobs we get a minimum of a buck a ft. On the bigger jobs we go down to 80 cents a ft.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 10:07 PM
1" - 1.00
2" - 1.90
3" - 2.70
Chris Janssen
Posted: Mar 18, 2007 03:50 PM
Luke, are those prices for just the foam or is that materials and install?
Luke Kujacznski
Posted: Mar 18, 2007 07:31 PM
Installed prices. I have been in business for about 5 years and am finding that this is where you have to be to sustain yourself.
philip mullins
Posted: Mar 27, 2007 08:14 PM
tx for the responses guys. good to know i have been doing it right,lol. so, what about oc?
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Mar 29, 2007 06:26 PM
OC = .40-45 per bf.

olger
Arthur Gillis
Posted: Mar 29, 2007 09:32 PM
At an average of say $1.00 for C.C. and $0.40 for O.C how much annual sales do you guys need to do to pay all expenses, i.e labor, equipment, material and overhead and pay yourself say $100,000.00. Assuming you spray and do your own sales and marketing
philip mullins
Posted: Mar 31, 2007 08:41 PM
the prices given are +/- materials x2. so it would depend on how many helpers you have and how much you pay them. also gotta figure your expenses, fuel, rig note (if financed) advertising, truck maintnence, etc... so it would depend on ur individual situation. to make 100 g's you would have to make 200 in sales. plus everything else that cost money. and dont forget about uncle sam. cause he aint gonna forget you. myself, i would cry myself to sleep at nite if i made 100 grand a year. i am the lowest paid employee, 10 bucks an hour.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Mar 31, 2007 09:27 PM
A person would have to be crazy to work as hard as we do for $10 per hour. No offense, comrade.

Pst.. (charge more).
Arthur Gillis
Posted: Mar 31, 2007 10:27 PM
No offense but for $10.00 per hour I may want to consider another industry.
Posted: Apr 01, 2007 01:18 PM
Trout are you the owner or applicator?
Posted: Apr 01, 2007 01:25 PM
Olger ,How many rigs and employees do you have?
Arthur Gillis
Posted: Apr 01, 2007 07:50 PM
Another try. I am running the numbers and don't know if I can do the amount of business I need to do to pay all my expenses including health insurance, vehicle, etc and clear a minimum of $100,000.00 . I am talking of setting the company up as a real contractor not just trying to make a buck from week to week. I may be off but I figure I need to run somewere around 100 sets of 1/2 lb foam annualy or about $450,000.00 in sales to pay all of my expenses and pay myself $100k. That's spraying 2 sets per week. Is this do able and still handle all the sales and marketing myself? Anyone else have the same numbers. Residential market around here is dry, commercial is getting more in tune with foam.

My basic expenses I figure on the following items:
1) My Pay
2) Laborer
3) Payback on my initial investmet and payment on credit line to buy foam.
4) Burdon on labor, insurance, taxes, vacation, etc.
5) Equipment/truck loan
6) Small tool and supplies, poly, tyveck, razors, etc.
7)Material (Foam)
8) Vehicle insurance, job binder, equipment binder, etc.
9) Vehicle and equip fuel
10) Maintence at 1% of sales
11) GL & Workers comp
12) Phone, fax, cell
13) Internet, office supplies,
14) yellow pages, marketing, sales flyers, etc.
15) Account and attorney.

Non union market place I expect to be able to sell OC for around $0.40/bdft and CC at around $1.10/bdft.
philip mullins
Posted: Apr 01, 2007 08:55 PM
i am the owner. and i am incorporated. and yes, $10 an hour is great! thats all i need. i dont own anything. nor do i have any bills. i live in a company home. drive company vehicles. ride a company harley. fish on company boats. i always take a potentiol client with, so the fuel and bait are deductable. the company even bought a new camper last month just so i could take some clients to bristol!

if i made a hundred grand last year, then the company could not afford all those perks. plus, what would i owe in taxes? $35-$40 grand. as a contract laborer i pay my income taxes at the end of every year. between my wife and kid, we are gettin money back this year. and since the company pays so little in labor, its all tax deductible. what i call a win win.

and as far as results, of all the contractors i have taken fishing, only one didnt hire my company (helps to know where th fish are). and for bristol, i had the best time of my life and sold a developer on at least 10 homes for april. in my opinion, the company needs the assets more than me. i mean, if the company doesnt make money, what kinda future do i have?
Posted: Apr 02, 2007 10:41 PM
"G"

Does $.40-$.45 per bf include labor?

Thanks!
Tony Di Bratto
Posted: Oct 30, 2007 09:14 AM
Seems going rates here in the Toronto, Canada region are about $1.40 per BdFt on CC. $0.40 higher than going rates in the US. With the Canadian dollar at par, not sure why the big difference. Maybe the cost of the raw material is that much cheaper in the US?
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 08:23 AM
Sorry for not checking in here all year.

Belated answers.

3-rigs.

.45 per bf on open cell includes everything.
1.05-1.10 per bf for closed cell. Discounted per additional inch.

gross half-mil.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.