Q&A Forums

home shows Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Josh Lowman
Posted: Nov 11, 2006 12:34 PM
home shows
Lookin for home show examples. Ideas on building or
making product performance against the other insulations.
Timothy Sonney
Posted: Nov 12, 2006 04:23 AM
We posted a similar question on this topic a while back and got zero response. We think it is because no one wants to give up their secret. Understood.

Home shows are totally different than your regular advertising. Radio ad, newspaper, television, etc. Home shows are where you can show off everything – why you are better than the guy next door.

So I guess to each their own – let the best guy win when it comes to home shows.

PS – I have yet to meet some one on this site that is in my area, and still no response to a home show presence. So that just leaves us to crush our competition - again
Posted: Nov 12, 2006 08:46 AM
no secret here...
trade shows=good exposure
remember,,,for your own sanity,,,,KISS
have an exhibit that you can walk away from and still get the message across...
i try not to "hard sell" at the show...to busy,,,not fair to those who come buy while im on a "sell it roll" who have a simple question,,,or just want a buisness card and literature or sumpin..
("Keep It Simple Stupid"..... for those of you from minnesota :) ).....(selling one could make you miss 3-4 other contacts...)
i use a signage with demographics on the booths back drop..let em see your name,,,(if there aint now,,there will be others in your area doing the same...soon..get your name out and make em remember you....foam good..)
i use the 8' folding table with skirt and cover..perty,,portable,,,fast...and easy...
on table::: 16" square box of open cell at R-19
2x6 box,,,,& 2x4 box of R-19 closed cell..."insulation demo-hot box"...buisness card holder..dish of hard candy..
off to side is a folding easle with Large Trifold picture board...(again portable,easy, fast) with a few residentioal, agricultural, and commercial applications...a picture is worth a thousand words..
we keep a box of "topic of discussion"literature to hand out under the table with 4 of the most common used on the table top....
when space allows i bring in the "wonder wall" which is a "custom built" 6'tall corner section of wall...2x4 with a winder on the longer back section,,about 4'long... and then about an 32" second side,,,,
this 2x4 wall has R-19 closed cell ( i point out that this has been thrown into and out of a truck to transport and it hasnt cracked or split...so much for the "its to rigid..it'll crack..its got to be flexible" boneheads..)this also has 12" box sill and band joists sprayed to R-25...
(this wall has 1" tuff-r-board exterior to the studs for sheeting and greatly reduces the thermal bridge via the studs...nice system with a 2x4 wall and foam...and i am selling one of my regular customers "building systems" at the same time,,,,kind of self perpetuating...foam good....)
also have set up a 19" moniter and looped Pix when space allows,,have found that bigger screen the better to get people looking...
setup in about 1 hour...

my goal is to get my name and contact info in the hands of the people who are WANTING that info...
these are the folks whose homes i will be spraying,,,not "show surfers"...the surfers can have a piece of candy to satisfy their need for a bag full of home show free schtuff....
when the show is busy i just try to "briefly" (me???yeah right!!)answer questions and exchange demographics...
keep a list of contact followups and rank as to their "apparent interest"...i use a 1-5 scale...
FOLLOW UP...even if "to busy"....refer to a competant competitor...yep you read it...foam good

i have seen many professional built displays and they are beautiful...ask your foam distributor for some help here,,,

be carefull with "performance" statements,,,
r-value is r-value...(even though many sell this way)
air permeance and the abitily to create a building envelope (to inhibit the uncontrolled air movement into and/or out of a structure)are the reason foam works,,,the insulation material does not loose r value in conditions other than equilibrium...(equal temps in and out...no wind or mechanical pressurization...etc)...
which in the world is 3/4's of the time....
foam is the best insulation technology out there...

foam good..

to my veteran foaming brothers....thank you for your service to this great country...i thank you for the freedoms i enjoy...god bless america!!
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Nov 12, 2006 09:58 PM
A polite round of applause... (clap, clap)

foam real good

olger
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 07:08 PM
ger...
do you have a number for a peeloff lens cover for this unit?
it looks like a good way to get some protection to the noggin...
are you useing Low or High pressue 1/2 mask or full mask under this?
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Nov 16, 2006 08:37 AM
L-133. They come in a pack of 25.

happy spraying
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 06:30 AM
Olger,
does this completely seal around your face. Does the had stay pretty secure? I have a bullard full face with the Air Systems brief case that works nice but it's a pain in the rear to walk around with material hose and air hose. I think I might zip tie the air to the fluid line.

Our only home show experience was pretty basic. Table with a back drop. A dare to compare box that has the foam, cellulose, and glass with the light bulbs and fan on the bottom and the ping pong balls on top. That may have been too much because some people didn't get it or thought it was a trick box. Literature and some samples of product. Photos on the back drop and a loop dvd. Business cards, pencils and yard sticks. There were 3 other foamers there. Mostly just pictures and business cards. Lots of talking and educating. No sales.

I got some pictures of some home show booths with walls and a mock log home. Email me @ mcciroofs@newwavecomm.net if you want me to send you a pic.
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 06:38 AM
foamdude,
do you have any shots of your booth that you can email? I'd like some ideas on small visual aids. We may do some small mock ups at our warehouse for customers to come view. I'd actually like to build a small out building with open and closed in the walls.

mcciroofs@newwavecomm.net

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.