Q&A Forums

help troubleshooting Graco 20-35 pro hose heat problem. Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Mar 23, 2015 03:45 PM
help troubleshooting Graco 20-35 pro hose heat problem.
I have a Graco h-35 pro with 300 feet of hose and a 10 foot whip.I am trying to find out why the breaker for the hose heat keeps tripping.When I start it up it will heat just fine while I am spraying foam and have the heat set around 120 F I can spray for hours sometimes a full day without it tripping although it does trip occasionally, however when I am spraying polyurea and have the heat set around 165 F it starts tripping around 150 F and after I reset it it seems to keep tripping at lower temps. I don't want to order the wrong replacement part as some of them are pretty pricey. I am not very proficient at troubleshooting electrical but I will do my best if you can describe any procedures in detail as if you were walking a child through the process. I wish I were kidding about this. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Pat.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Mar 24, 2015 07:03 AM
You probably just have a loose connection in the hose. Check all of your connections.

George
Randy Taff
Posted: Mar 24, 2015 11:02 AM
I would first look for a short. If I didn't find a short I would replace the breaker. Old breakers that trip a few times get weak and will trip when a normal load is placed on them. I just had to replace the GFI breaker in my 20 year old house for this very reason.
Mark Mouton
Posted: Mar 26, 2015 08:42 AM
If you wouldn't mind, let us know what you found to be the problem!
chad harris
Posted: Mar 31, 2015 05:35 PM
Yes, please post if you find the issue. We have had the same issue
for quite some time, and have replaced the breaker, and checked all the connections, still no luck!
Craig Gifford
Posted: Apr 16, 2015 07:17 PM
300 feet at 165....that requires a lot of power....you may be overloading ...can you kick back to 250....+ you probably already know this but do you have your internal switches set for the appropriate length?
Best of luck!
Insulman
Posted: Oct 04, 2016 03:57 PM
I would recommend taking the ohm readings of your hose to ensure you don't have damaged Heater coils.
Rodger
Posted: Oct 10, 2016 02:34 PM
Also check your tap settings on the transformer that it is set for 300 ft.
Commercial-Roofer

WHAT A GREAT BUSINESS TO BE IN!

Posted: Nov 09, 2016 11:52 PM
We had same problem , and how frustrating!
Turns out one phase was intermittent.
So when it stopped working after we chased out tail for days , we found a loose wire in the generator!
So a 3 phase generator need to generate power on 3 phases , only 2 were working. So we tested the leads inside the connection box and had no power on one phase, so we looked carefully at all the wires , and found a small gauge exciter (?) Wire was rubbing against the side of the connector box, and burned A HOLE IN THE SIDE OF THE METAL BOX .

So after spending 92,000 plus interest I lost thousands because the company who built these rigs used a generic generator !

Good luck

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.