Q&A Forums

H25 Hyd Pump Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Kyle Wheeler
Posted: Feb 08, 2011 03:09 PM
H25 Hyd Pump
Need some suggestions as to whythe pump keeps tripping. I was spraying away when I lost pressure. When I went out to see whatwas up I saw that I had no display on the left side of the controller, where the pressure/conter normally is shown. When I took the cover off the electrical comparment the pump breaker had tripped. I reset it the breaker and the display came back on. When I tried turning on the hyd pump it started to run but never got into high gear before tripping the breaker again. I checked all eclectrical connection and every one was tight. I can move the motor an pump by hand. When I put my amp meter on the pump it reads 80 amps when it trips the breaker. Suggestions?? How do I tell if it is the motor control board?
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Feb 15, 2011 07:57 AM
When you say no display on left, don't you mean right? 80 amps is alot for the elec motor that drives the hyd pump. I have an h25 in the shop that we are rebuilding due to contaminated iso, when we fire it up, I will check the amp draw on the motor and let you know. It doesn't sound like a board issue. Are you anywhere near NH? How old is your machine?

George
Rodney Schares
Posted: Feb 15, 2011 09:23 AM
Rookie take your rig down town to your local electric motor service. Have them check your capasitors on top of your electric motor.This has happened to me on our old h-2 once and our electric compressors.If this is your culprit it is an easy fix for aroun 80-100 bucks.
Posted: Feb 15, 2011 07:00 PM
run capacitor?
Kyle Wheeler
Posted: Feb 15, 2011 07:08 PM
Thank you for the replies. I had it narrowed down to the motor that night. I was able to check the capacitors on the motor and it turns out one of the caps was shorted out. I took it to the local motor guys and they confirmed the cap was poached. After replacing it the guy took some voltage readings across the cap. The original cap was rated for 370 volts and 50uf. The voltage across the new cap when running was actually approx. 427 volts. The guy said the original cap was undersized. I now am running with a 440 v, 50uf cap.

Would it be possible that Graco undersized the cap?

Thanks again for the replies.
quentin
Posted: Feb 15, 2011 08:54 PM
Graco make an intentional error that would cause the users to spend a fortune on new Graco parts about as often as the warrenty expires after they bought everyone else out? Nahhh!
John Shockney
Posted: Feb 16, 2011 10:55 AM
Graco got that motor from someone else and it came with the cap that should run the motor under "normal" conditions. Also the lowest bid gets the supply contract and if it doesn't brake under waranty who cares "I don't have to pay for it" remember the bean counters are running these big companies today.

Airpro

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.