Q&A Forums

H-20/35 Hydraulic Pump PROMBLEM ! Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Jeremy Stomber
Posted: Feb 18, 2011 07:38 PM
H-20/35 Hydraulic Pump PROMBLEM !
Having trouble with my H-20/35 Hydraulic pump is making alot of noise even past inital start up. Proportioning pump moves very slowly even when pressure is maxed out. I bought this unit used and in need of repair. I was told hydraulic pump was rebuilt within past 3 months. Has fresh fluid in tank. I will build pressure but pump moves slow takes about 15-20 seconds to make a complete stroke. When it reaches the end of each stroke before it reverses direction hyd. pump makes even more noise like its under load.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Feb 19, 2011 12:56 PM
Just because the hydraulic pump was rebuilt 3 months ago doesn't mean a thing. Maybe it wasn't rebuilt correctly. If it is working, but slow and slow to change directions of stroke, it could be the directional valve on the top of the hydraulic cylinder. Maybe the activator plate is not contacting the rocker arm (reversing switch) correctly. If the pump is noisy, maybe it is sucking air on the inlet side, check all hydraulic connections coming into the pump. It could be a comination of things. Check page 11 and 12 of the manual at left.

George
chad harris
Posted: Feb 20, 2011 09:29 PM
Check and see if it has a screen/filter down in the hydraulic oil resevoir, it may be dirty. What you described happened to me with an older machine, and the filter was shot.
Michael Slaven
Posted: Feb 20, 2011 09:29 PM
As said, just because something was rebuilt, doesn't mean it was done right. Did you happen to watch this peice of equipment operate when you purchased it? Did you check rotation of the hydraulic motor? Would this piece of equipment be three phase or single phase? Also, did you prime the Hydraulic pump as described in the operation manual?

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.