Q&A Forums

Growing Pains Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
ChrisIgna
Posted: Feb 17, 2011 02:24 PM
Growing Pains
I am looking for answer with Growing Pains of a spray foam insulation company. Looking for any insights as to help me move my 3 year old company in the right directon. Not looking to take over the world just build on what we have created so far. Any and all info will be greatly appreciated. Ie (Checklist for crew, flow charts, sign offs)

Thanks in advance to all who are willing to help a small business owner prosper.
Thanks
Chris
C&R Insulation,llc (Maryland)
steven argus
Posted: Feb 17, 2011 10:50 PM
You may be all ready doing this, but get out there and sell. Have a crew you can depend on and sell, sell, sell. When I have to be on the jobsite fixing gear and/or spraying I can't be out getting the next job and it hurts business. We are also going to start an insentives program with the guys. The more foam that pumps out of the rig, the more $$ will be in their pocket. I do believe, however, it is important for me to be on every job, at least inspecting.
Brian Bothun
Posted: Feb 17, 2011 11:52 PM
guiness,
call me when you get a chance.

(320) 981-0295

or email me and i can call you.

brianbothun@gmail.com
steven argus
Posted: Feb 18, 2011 06:08 AM
What are ya sellin?
ChrisIgna
Posted: Feb 18, 2011 06:15 AM
I am out selling.3rd year in business and think am doing good.1 crew and just under 900k. But how do I grow. How do I make sure guys do it right. How do I make sure the guys do for get to put a ladder in the truck?? That one Realy passes me off.
My whole thong is need to put someone else on road to sell. And then will need to add another crew to Händel the extra jobs.
And let's face it no crew will work as hard as an owner. I will never get the volume out of a crew,that my partner and I where doing.
Brian Bothun
Posted: Feb 18, 2011 03:24 PM
not selling anything. I'm a contractor same as you
steven argus
Posted: Feb 18, 2011 07:39 PM
900 grand/ year and 3 years in the bus. We should be getting advise from you. You must be spraying at least 200 sets/ year, you're doing somthing right.

Brian B, email sent.
ChrisIgna
Posted: Feb 18, 2011 07:47 PM
Just alot of hussel ass bustin days. But i want to know how to put crews on the road. How do i streamline all the hands on stuff we as owners do. It always something, like today we to get paint sprayed out and was not working,UGh!! so guess the guys did not fully clear it the last time they used it. I just seams like if we are not on every job all the time them something goes wrong.

There has to be an easier way to run things. Just looking for the little things everyone does that make things go smoother.

How many crews/rigs is everyone running? How many guys on a crew? How much material are they spraying a day?
Daniel X
Posted: Feb 18, 2011 10:44 PM
The biggest thing you have to learn is that there is always going to be SOMETHING that isn't quite going right.

Don't sweat the small stuff though, you just have to roll on.
Mike Asbra
Posted: Mar 03, 2011 09:50 PM
Chris,
When you have time, email or call me. 3 weeks or 3 years, the learning curve took my hair. I will be in Maryland in the next few weeks. At least your smart enough to ask for help.
Mike Asbra
tennesseechillbox@hotmail.com
423-710-1476

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.