Q&A Forums

Gun cleaner for cured foam Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
daniel kempton
Posted: Jul 23, 2010 02:29 PM
Gun cleaner for cured foam
Anyone have any suggestions on what and where to get a decent gun cleaner? (for cured foam) Thanks in advance
steven argus
Posted: Jul 23, 2010 05:47 PM
Call George @ Spray Foam Distributors.603-348-8880. It's called Surf x or someting like that. We just call it gun cleaner. He also has a nice technique for using it to clean the gun.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Jul 26, 2010 08:27 AM
OH GEORGE....please share with us.
luis razzetti
Posted: Jul 30, 2010 12:07 AM
Try Dynasolve, it removes even cured isocyanates. Expensive but good stuff.
http://www.dynaloy.com/Products/tech_data_sheets/Dynasolve%20750%20&%20711%20PDF.pdf
Posted: Jul 31, 2010 07:20 AM
dynasolve will swell your orings,,,so remove em b4you soak your parts..but it is a dandy solvent
i use glycol ether solvent for day to day soaking of parts,,(barsol)
i wrap the gun body in a solvent soaked rag at the end of the day and put it in a zip lock bag..
the stuff blows off in the am...
small stuff i soak in a bucket,,,fish it out in the am and blow it off and reassemble...
Yvan Richard
Posted: Aug 22, 2010 10:14 PM
Dynasolve CU 6, works great. I place my parts in a crock pot and put it on high and leave it over night the next day the parts look brand new.
Benjamin Skoog
Posted: Aug 27, 2010 06:32 PM
Rinsolve or ethyl glycol for a gun wash

CU-6 for hardened iso heated in a crockpot.
steven argus
Posted: Aug 27, 2010 11:42 PM
Are you guys actually using a crockpot? Any idea how hot it gets? We used to use a heated sonic cleaner, but they are pricey and ours is in need of repair right now. Might have to visit some garage sales this weekend.
Benjamin Skoog
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 08:32 AM
Yeah i usually have mine set to low or warm and it is good enough. Dont breathe those fumes they are very bad and keep in a well ventilated area.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.