Q&A Forums

GlasCraft Proportioner Graco Hoses Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Trey Gibson
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 09:46 AM
GlasCraft Proportioner Graco Hoses
I have an MH-2, about 4 years old. Is there any way to hook up new graco hoses to that machine? Any info/advice would be appreciated.
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 07:04 PM
I have a Graco machine with Glascraft hoses so I am sure it will work. You need a couple odd hydraulic fittings to make it work at the machine connection.

Tim
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 10:27 PM
You need to take the 3/8 male NPT X #6 male JIC fitting off of the front of the A side of the MH2 manifold, clean it thoroughly and put it on the B side of the MH2. For the A side, you need a 3/8 male NPT X #5 male JIC fitting. You can now attach standard Graco hoses to the MH2. For the hose heat, cut off the levitron butt connectors coming out of the MH2, and use the graco powerlock splice kit, part # 261821.

Call me if you need clarification.

George
Linerman
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 10:56 PM
Just out of curiosity why are you trying to hook up graco hoses on a glascraft unit? I've just never heard of doing this. Yea the fluid lines would be easy to connect but the heat tape in the hose assy. would have to be spliced and maybe I'm wrong but does the volage/wattage from the unit and hose even match up? And what about the thermocouple?
Trey Gibson
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 06:30 AM
Thanks for the replies. I will let ya'll know how it turns out. I am trying to do this because I have a good working MH-2 that we used a few years ago but stopped because the Glas Craft hoses will drive you absolutely nuts with their constant problems. We had issues every single day to the point where they replaced our full machine for free. I am setting up a new rig right now and just have this MH-2 sitting there so I am going to set that up with an H-25 in our new trailer.
quentin
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 09:02 PM
If you are getting hoses then you may want to check the ones Polar Pro is advertising here. In a different thread they said they had a 2 year warranty.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.