Q&A Forums

Gaining ground Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Curtis Bell
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 12:59 PM
Gaining ground
Johns-Manville buys Corbond, Lapolla and Guardian teaming up. Are the fiber boys seeing the writing on the wall?
quentin
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 01:24 PM
They must be since I got a nasty gram in the mail from the North American Insulation Manufacture's Association yesterday! They don't like my website pointing out that foam is better, claim the studies are biased and false and that their product is safe. Also that I must provide them the proof of my claims with a nice reference to a lawsuit and of court the fire incident in New England we all were talking about a while back.

My response to them is to blow off since they represent fiberglass, rockwool and slagwool makers so they care nothign abotu facts and only their products and profits.
Michael Fusco
Posted: Aug 23, 2009 01:32 PM
Ya missed Certainteed in there to.....only ones missing are Owens Corning.....or are they also looking???

Heard a rumor the other day that E I Dupont has removed glass from their approved insulation list. They were firt in removing asbestos also. Anyone hear anything like that??
jimcoler

I have over 10 years of experience specifying and installing open and closed cell spray foam. I've sold my business but I'm still selling for the new owners and consulting on large and custom specific jobs. 

I've expanded my knowledge into t

Posted: Sep 03, 2009 11:22 PM
OC now has a pink foam sealant. They're choosing to slip their way in little by little. This is the same thing they've been doing with Flash-n-Batt. They can't just stop selling it, so they'd rather phase it out and phase the foam in.

I heard a rumor that FG was banned in Canada and only foam is permissible? Can anyone confirm or deny this?

CYA, if they can't beat us above the table, look out for what's going on below! Who said they have to play fair when they have the money, lawyers, lobbyists, and cloute to be feared? Is SPFA on our side or theirs? We now have three of them that I can tell as members of the SPFA - Corbond, LaPolla and Certainteed. Their votes are not in the best interest of foam when they have such a business based on FG. Buying these foam companies is like chump change to them. Yes, they may be forced to actually use it someday, but in the meantime, they'll make our live miserable and try to thin out the competition first with fiberglass favor.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.