Q&A Forums

Fusion AP - Manifold Sticking Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
EcoTek Spray Foam
Posted: May 05, 2015 04:43 PM
Fusion AP - Manifold Sticking
Recently i have noticed that the manifold shut-off valve on the "A" side has been getting stiff and harder to screw open and closed in comparison to the "B" side.

What does everyone recommend? Does the manifold need rebuilding/ cleaning or is this a fairly typical occurrence.

Thanks for your responses.
Chicago Spray Foam
Posted: May 06, 2015 09:46 PM
I would wait till they start to leak then rebuild the valve. It's a simple split teflon o-ring along with a regular o-ring.
CJKEVIN
Posted: May 07, 2015 05:28 PM
It is common for the A side to get gummed up or start leaking before the R side. When we have this problem we just replace the valve. I didn't know they made the parts to rebuild it. I also usually take the opportunity to remove the manifold from the hose and pull the small plugs in the manifold to make sure everything is clean and clear in there too.
Chicago Spray Foam
Posted: May 07, 2015 09:16 PM
Yes, take the shutoff valve out of the manifold and using a nut driver on the shutoff and an open end wrench at the sealing end, you turn clockwise (reverse thread) to separate. Then back out the shutoff all the way and you will see the o-rings. We usually keep an extra rebuilt set so we can quickly swap them out as needed and get back to work. Don't mix them up though, we use red/blue electrical tape to identify which is which after the rebuild.
Linerman
Posted: May 09, 2015 10:19 AM
Instead of replacing at $40 a pop everytime or wasting down time rebuilding, why not just pull both valves out and put a plug in their place, you can pick 'em up at any local hardware store for a couple of bucks, and buy the quarter turn style valves like on the Fusion CS and install at your hose fitting and never worry about leaky valves. That's what I did after the third time replacing the A valve.

I got my valves from swagelok.com valve: SS-42F2 about $80 each.
EcoTek Spray Foam
Posted: May 14, 2015 03:41 PM
Thanks a lot for all the responses. I will more than likely rebuild the manifold in the near future.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.