Q&A Forums

E10 A side guage problem Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
dave defehr
Posted: Apr 28, 2015 11:45 PM
E10 A side guage problem
On pressuring up Graco E10 heated machine, B side gauge goes to 2000 psi like normal, A side gauge doesn't move at all even with gun off hoses. Any suggestions?
Randy Taff
Posted: Apr 29, 2015 03:45 PM
replace the gauge. It probably has an ISO crystal stuck in the bottom blocking it from reading the pressure. Pretty common problem.
dave defehr
Posted: Apr 30, 2015 01:15 AM
Thanks SprayFoamBC I never thought of that. I went in today fired it up and pressured up no problem, so not sure what the problem was. So I think I'll leave it until it happens again.
Randy Taff
Posted: May 01, 2015 07:30 PM
if it is working now then I would suspect it was air in the system.

to make this easier why don't you just call when you have a problem. LOL
dave defehr
Posted: May 03, 2015 12:58 AM
Thanks SprayFoamBC. Everything seems fine now. I'm assuming there was a piece of something stuck somewhere not letting the A side pressure up. Came in next morning and all was good. That's nice of you to let me call you when I have a problem. where are you located and how can I get a hold of you?
Linerman
Posted: May 04, 2015 10:44 PM
Hey indyguy longtime no talk, how have you been?

How old is your machine and when was the last time you've gone through it i.e. flushed/rebuilt?
dave defehr
Posted: May 12, 2015 08:56 PM
Hey SprayPro nice to hear from you again. I bought the machine used as the guy before me never actually used it. He had it for a year stored with plasticiser in it. He said Rhino Linings had it before but didn't know how long they had it so it's kind of a mystery as to how old it is. I've had it now for about 3 years and I've done pump rebuilds to both pumps a couple times, I've replaced hose set, and replaced the obvious things like seals and screens in the gun (fusion ap). I was using white lithium gun grease I bought at a hardware store and I was having so many problems with my gun clogging up and having to clean it almost every time I used it. I have since bought Fusion gun grease and have had no problems since. Relief! The last time I tried to flush machine material got too hot and reacted with the little bit of ISO I had in the tank. It Plugged up everything from the tank to the gun. I had to tear everything apart, soak and clean the next day, even the heaters. Not a fun job. I find if you keep everything really clean everything works fine. I have since put a wire mesh filter in the bottom of the ISO tank hoping it will catch chunks of ISO before it even gets to the Y strainer. I'm still running an E10. When everything is working properly it sprays a really nice bedliner with the gun set up I have. So far so good. Enough of my babble, how have you been?

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.