Q&A Forums

Forum Sugestion! Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Dave Strnad
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 01:23 PM
Forum Sugestion!
It would be nice if there was a place on here where installers could talk frankly with worring about editing or the average joe customer seeing the posts. I have found this site to be a great help to me, and personally I want to hear if someone is having a problem with a certain product or supplier. I would think most installers are with it enough to take most comments with a grain of salt. THe problem is there is a wide range of people on here. Homeowners, customers, distributers, etc. It seems like no one can even ask a question without someone trying to sell them something. Which is fine because it doesn't take long for the ones full of BS to be exposed and we all know who is ligit and respectfull, besides sometimes we might want what they have. I guess the point is that we sould be smart enough to make are own decisions about comments made on here. I do really think that you guys do great work with this site, and has contributed to my business, but no red blooded american likes to be edited. You have the right to do so it is your site. If it isn't to much trouble maybe you could have a place just for installers or maybe make it so you could invite certain members to comment so only they see the posts.

Thank you
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Mar 16, 2008 11:02 AM
perhaps a semi-private "Heckler's Balcony" is needed.
Terry Adams
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 10:56 PM
I agree, Who wants to learn the hard way. If you look on the home page of this site you will see who it belongs to. The vendors selling to the contractors (us). They don't want any negative comments about their brand. Besides they are busy flooding the markets down here with new poorly trained contractors with promises of 1,000 dollars a day profit. But they don't tell them that their are 15 contractors and only 2-3 foam jobs a week.
Ryan Slagel
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 03:12 PM
I like ur Idea, DaveS. I think it would be nice... I am sure its the same everywhere, but i know in idaho foam is fairly new, to everyone. even though it is growing Fast. But its hard for the little guy to compete with corperations, who have a lot of money, to back them. And can just spend 100k and get suppliers to bend over backwards for them. Plus i woudnt mind hearing the pro's and con's of the foam suppliers out there. And get honest information from guys who have used those products.

Olger, Don't we already have one of those "hecklers balcony"??? I guess we are just missing the Semi-Private.

Northwestern Polymaster
Ryan
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 08:27 PM
I hope that I don't get bashed too bad for this, but what about another thread for sprayers who don't pay their bills on time and won't take your calls when they owe you? Something like that would probably be illegal. Doesn't seem fair.

George
Terry Adams
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 11:46 PM
I think you are on to something. It's not illegal or ebay would'nt do it. I might have to build that site myself with buyer and seller reviews hmmmm. I dropped a supplier because of increasing prices without notifing me and left a $450 credit. A guy looking to get into the business called me and asked about suppliers and I told him what happened. He brought it up with this supplier and they told him that I said that because I owed them money. LOL . Still got to make that phone call.
Doug Commette
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 01:03 AM
Great Idea Guys. I like George's comments too :) It should work both ways. I will start a Blog this week with Google or WordPress where you guys can have it. Once it is set-up, I will post here.

Here is one I have made for you guys to promote products and news on: http://www.sprayfoamblog.com

Doug

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.