Q&A Forums

flood Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Jul 03, 2008 06:42 AM
flood
it would be grand it the foam suppliers would offer us discounted foam for the flooded out structures here in the cornfield...
i mean a real program,,think of the press for the industry!!
opportunity abounds....
ACHT TUNG!!! (yeah right)
Posted: Jul 15, 2008 08:37 AM
so i was in a structure that had 6 foot of water in the main level...
in '99 we foamed this place...
the wall in the garage just had the rock removed,,the closed cell foam was intact with dry river dirt on its face,,,we cut into a cavities core to look at its innerds,,,not a speck of dirt or grime or even a hint of water,,,,into the home we went..the foam here had been powerwashed clean and it looked as good as the day we installed it!!!...
the neighbors are lineing up for me to spray their homes soon..
Eric Sparks
Posted: Jul 15, 2008 05:04 PM
did you take pictures of the damage from the flood or take any documentation. i would love to see it and show this to some customers.
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 08:23 PM
sparkster...yep,,i got photos of most all of my projects,,well,,now a days i just shoot the more interesting ones...
i prefer to keep my photos for my own use at this time...
i apologize,,,
'dude
Eric Sparks
Posted: Jul 19, 2008 02:32 PM
dude thats cool i understand. to me that is a very impressive and a great sales tool that one could use to promote this product. has anyone ever seen any other photos like this or something similar. thanks
quentin
Posted: Jul 20, 2008 01:33 PM
Two or three months ago This Old House magazine did an article on flooding which said you should use closed cell to at least above any flood lines. I think I have it somewhere and if I can find it I will scan it in to send out to anyone interested. No pictures but a drawing with full explanation of the reasons and the source is one most homeowners will know and trust.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.