Q&A Forums

flameseal tb Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Dec 01, 2008 07:22 AM
flameseal tb
mason,
is it is,,,
or is it isnt,,,
an icc approved thermal barrier coating for use over foam?
'dude
mason
Posted: Dec 02, 2008 08:41 AM
Nope, I have not seen an ICC Evaluation Report that confirms its use as a thermal barrier or a fire test that demonstrates it passes E 119 Thermal Barrier test.
Darren Gomez
Posted: Mar 17, 2009 11:07 PM
I have a document dated 5/5/2008 that says it passed a UL 1715 Room Fire Test. DOes this mean it is OK to use on Foam? I have a PDf copy if you need it.
mason
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 07:01 AM
I would like to try to make this clear.

A thermal barrier is a material that has passed the ASTM E 119 test. A material that has passed this test may be used with any foam plastic as a thermal barrier.

However a specific foam and a specific covering/coating may be tested as an assembly in accordance with room corner tests such as UL 1715, UBC 26-3, FM 4880 or NFPA 286. If a coating is tested with a foam in this test it can be used with that foam in that specific application, but would have to be tested with other foam plastics to obtain approvals with the other foam plastics
Cliff Haskins
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 01:53 PM
Respectfully, BAYSEAL CC ™ 1.9lb Foam and FLAME SEAL TB™ recently obtained ICC certification as a qualified Foam and Thermal Barrier System. The ICC evaluation service report number is ESR-2072. For a copy of this certification or any other documentation please contact SPI at
1-800-627-0773 or info@specialty-products.com.
mason
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 04:47 PM
See that is a good example of a system being tested in accordance with the room corner test and obtaining approval for that specific foam and coating.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.