Q&A Forums

e30 rupture disc b side. Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
shay van reenen
Posted: Oct 23, 2014 12:02 AM
e30 rupture disc b side.
the rupture disc on the b-side blew mid job last week, i have a new one i'm going to fit but...Obviously the disc did it's job but this must be symptomatic of another issue. we had increasingly sporadic issues wit the b-side not pressurising and air in the fluid for weeks and i'm almost certain that the diaphragms have ruptured in the husky (i have checked the seals and ant find any leaks) my employer has been recirculating fliud endlessly u is in denial about how the air is getting in there........:/ these could be unrelated but i don't think so.
therefor if i just replace the rupture disc im convinced it's just going to blow again soon. can anyone shed any knowledge on what caused 7000+ PSI to blow the disc???
shay van reenen
Posted: Oct 23, 2014 10:07 AM
SOLVED.(?) worn husky 1040 airating poly creating air bubble trapped in top of heater unit causes b side E24's, air bubble/lock expands due to material/heater energy and over pressurises heater Boom rupture disc blows. solution: replace husky with i.p.m (and ruptured disc....) am i right???
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Nov 01, 2014 08:02 PM
You are correct that you need to replace the rupture disk and the pump. But I am not sure that that is what caused the failure of it.. You said that you were having trouble building pressure on the B side, that shouldn't cause the rupture disk to blow. If you pressured up your machine while it was cold, then turned the heat on, as the machine heated up, it would increase the material pressure more than you had it set for and maybe blow the disk. It fails at 5,000psi.

George
mark moyer
Posted: Nov 03, 2014 10:17 PM
i wonce rubtured a disc
my doktor saad it waz becauze
i had foamroids
he ced i bult up waa to mugh presere
i waz reel hott then too!!

foam-it!
some way or the other
shay van reenen
Posted: May 28, 2015 01:16 AM
Hi it's been awhile since i was here but i thought i'd post the solution here, when i unbolted the e-30 from the mounts to replace the rupture disc i noticed that the stainless material input to the heater was loose, so i removed it and the seal had degraded and the tube was wobbly! so the air was getting in to the heater there i would have expected material to be leaking there but it wasnt. i replace the input and the rupture disc and have had no problems since. well no air the material problems anyway.......:/ thanks for the input boys. foam on brothers
Jethro
Posted: Jun 25, 2015 05:49 PM
The older style Graco rupture discs would often fail when used over time with water blown foams. The newer ones are better. A diaphragm pump with busted diaphragms will leak material out of the exhaust. This is generally your 1st indication you've ruptured a diaphragm. If there is no material in your exhaust then your diaphragms are intact. Air introduced into a spray system from a diaphragm pump usually comes from the pick up tube or loose bolts on the bottom manifold. A loose tube between the pump and the heater would not introduce air into the system, it would leak material out of the system. If it was loose, but not leaking material out of it, then it was just loose (with a disintegrated seal), and not the cause of the air in your system.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.