Q&A Forums

E - 20 Problem Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Michael Moore
Posted: Aug 30, 2007 12:51 PM
E - 20 Problem
My E-20 will be spraying fine,and then all of the sudden pressure from both sides will drop down to 0 as if I had parked the machine. I go back to the truck and turn it on again and it works fine. Not sure what the problem is here?

Also when starting the E-20,the B side pressure will go up to about 1500 and I will then relieve pressure to get it back down to around 900 like the A side. Once this is done the E-24 will go away but will return once we stop spraying for a prolonged period of time. Though the pressures still remain equal.

I have problems with E-24 everyday. Took it to the shop and they replaced the transducer. Not sure what else could be the problem. Any ideas?
Kelly Nunberg
Posted: Aug 30, 2007 03:34 PM
Have you had this problem from the first time that you used the E-20. Are you running off of shore power or a generator? How different are the viscosities between the A and B?
Tim O'Keefe
Posted: Aug 30, 2007 04:04 PM
You should check all the electrical connections inside the console. It is not unusual for them to come loose over time due to shipping or traveling in your trailer/truck. I had a problem with my heaters shutting off randomly. I checked all the connections, none seemed to be lose but I have not had the problem since. The E-20 runs everything on electricity so it is crucial you have clean consistent power for it to operate properly.

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
Michael Flander
Posted: Aug 31, 2007 11:01 AM
What area are you in foamn?
Michael Moore
Posted: Aug 31, 2007 11:09 AM
I have had problems with the E-20 since the day I bought it(2 months ago). Every time it is E-24.Im running from a gas generator. The viscosities Ive been told are quite a bit different with the .5lb that I spray.Though my rig was in use for over a year spraying the same material and no problems. I dont understand how I can spray for two days with out the problem then the next day it wont let me spray for 2 minutes until both pressures goes to zero.Then I go back to the truck and E-24.

I checked the electrical connections and none seemed to be loose but we will see what happens.

Im new to the Residential Foam insulation business. I spray 1/2 lb and 2 lb foam in Florida.
Arville Brown
Posted: Sep 01, 2007 10:07 AM
Ive had the same problem with my machine found out generator was not a good source of power.I bleive i got a bad generator dont think it puts out proper watts also generator surges will also fault machine out.runing off shore power three years runing great. Arville, Air Tight Insulation
Michael Moore
Posted: Sep 04, 2007 02:17 PM
Thanks for everyones input.I ended up taking it to the shop to get serviced. Turns out when someone was switching out material (to a new supplier) they left the heaters on. When you do this the two different types of material can react to the heat upon contact and cause blockage. Thanks again

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.