Q&A Forums

Dow brand foam Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Bryan Kwater
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 03:27 PM
Dow brand foam
Dow makes 2 different poly blends. One of them is for spraying in colder temps. Has anyone used this blend before? If so, how are the yields compared to the "normal" foam? And were there any major changes that had to be made as far as proportioner temperatures, etc?

I think the 2 products are: Voracor CY 3049 and Voracor CY 3062
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 05:08 AM
have not sprayed dows winter blend
have sprayed a couple of others...
my dig,,
expect 1/3 less yeild depending on substrate and temp..
does not adhere to cold substrates any better than the other formulas
is not worth the extra $$..("we now have only 1 reactivity we blend for the season at hand")just another way to charge more for the same old stuff...
as with most blends we found we would be setting our temps to "how the lot was processing" ,,but we start with our normal set temps and adjust accordingly...

and friday morning comeing down...

'dude

ps:stay warm...dont forget your longjohns the season is upon us...
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 08:56 AM
foamdude,
what blend do you spray in the winter when you are doing a closed cell interior application (wood substrate)?
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 07:21 PM
If you heat the structure in the winter as needed I don't think you should need to change foams at all. If the trailer is heated and the house is heated, the only part of the system that is cold would be the hose between the trailer and house. Keep the fluid moving through it and there should be no issue.

Tim
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 08:50 PM
Bit hard to heat a house with no ceiling..
Posted: Oct 21, 2008 03:21 AM
i spray as fast a blend as i can find without payin extra for the "winter blend"...

dude
philip mullins
Posted: Jan 02, 2009 05:37 AM
winter blends suck for the most part. supplier kept sending it to me anyway.cost me thousands on a recent job. guess what happened, yup, now im spraying bayer. thier winter cc blend is as good or better than lappies reg mix. havent tried thier reg mix yet. at least not thier cc. i gotta cut my grass tomorrow. why do these people keep sending me winter mix? at least they got it here when they said they would. wich is a lot better than lappy since they have layed off everyone i ever delt with before. the bay sprays good though.

weather man says it may get down into the hi 40's tomorow nite. might need that winter blend after all. folks round here wont know how to act.
quentin
Posted: Jan 02, 2009 01:50 PM
Strange since the recent cold snap up here had me doing several ASAP jobs for people dealing with frozen pipes and etc. I was able to spray LaPolla on blocks and pips on one where there was NO insulation covering any of it and it worked great. Stuck like it was superglued in place, no popping or delamnating or anything and the walls were cold enough we had to scrap ice from some of the blocks. The ice was not a big worry since it was the pip we really needed it all to stick to and it stuck great but where it was close the foam stuck to the blocks fine also as long as it wasn't iced in that spot.

Didn't have time to heat it all up or anything and the yealds looked about normal to boot with good foam rolling the whole time. Same with a job earlier in the day where we could only warm some of the block on a crawlspace is it stuck, held and good yields when you figured the conditions.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.