Q&A Forums

Death! Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
John Birch
Posted: May 27, 2008 01:00 PM
Death!
I can't believe this message board isn't going crazy with comments concerning the recent death of a foam installer by fire during application!

Do people just not know about this sad event or are we all just hoping it will go away?

Dozens (maybe hundreds) of posts about open-cell foam saws but only 6 (Under "How to make the industry better") about this tragic and potentially industry changing event?

Here's the link. Get educated, speak out.
http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080520/NEWS/805200318
mason
Posted: May 27, 2008 01:10 PM
Please go to sprayfoam.org about the fire. I am not commenting on the fire and its tragic results until more information is available. The Falmouth Fire Department is currently doing an investigation.

I would recommend that everyone in the foam industry take advantage of the responsible use information available on on sprayfoam.org and polyurethane.org.

Also, check out my article on Foam and Fire published in this month's RSI magazine.
John Birch
Posted: May 27, 2008 01:17 PM
Thanks Mason,

I just found the silence strange.

Feel free to delete my redundant post under Q and A...
thomas malloy
Posted: May 30, 2008 10:25 PM
does any one know what kind of foam he was spraying
Tim Trott
Posted: May 31, 2008 07:05 AM
(I peeled this paragraph directly from the cape cod online article in the link inserted in the post above)
Cowhey, who worked for Green Mountain Insulation of White River Junction, Vt., was using SoyTherm50 foam spray insulation at the time the fire broke out. SoyTherm50 is touted as a "green" soy-based alternative to petroleum-based insulation.
mason
Posted: Jun 01, 2008 01:07 PM
One thing I learned while working as Excutive Director of SPFA, news stories can contain misleading or downright false information. I would wait for the fire department's investigation to be completed. Check with SPFA for more detailed information at sprayfoam.org.

When the fire investigation report is completed, they should have the whole picture.
Posted: Jun 01, 2008 10:36 PM
i too choose to be silent rather than beat my chest and gnash my teeth about something i know little or nothing about....
the sky is falling....bwackkk...

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.