Q&A Forums

Cleanest Compressor/Generator for SPF Rig + breathing Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Feb 02, 2011 11:58 PM
Cleanest Compressor/Generator for SPF Rig + breathing
Cleanest Compressor/Generator for SPF Rig + breathing. Looking for.

Low maintenance preferred, and as clean running as possible for breathing.

30 amps 220 required for power and for the compressor it should be capable to run a mask or two and a modern foam machine (using a 1600ff at the current time but may upgrade and will need a compressor/geni that can support a newer machine)

I'm on vancouver island
Brian Bothun
Posted: Feb 03, 2011 01:50 AM
How bout a 40kw gen with a 60 cfm rotary screw compressor? Nextgen has one for. 15k and changel
jimcoler

I have over 10 years of experience specifying and installing open and closed cell spray foam. I've sold my business but I'm still selling for the new owners and consulting on large and custom specific jobs. 

I've expanded my knowledge into t

Posted: Feb 03, 2011 06:28 AM
Diimon Spray Innovations is also a great choice. I have one from NextGen Systems and like it too. They both are cutting edge in our industry but the support is better with the Diimon Spray Innovations and the price is about the same. Let them know that you heard it from me on here and they may even give you a discount.
Thanks,
Jim
Posted: Feb 04, 2011 03:33 PM
Thanks.

How much by chance does a used unit go for? Would that be smart in regards to running a freshair system through it?

better yet, perhaps the way to go for now is just buy a new, clean compressor. So, 60 cfm is the magic number? I run a 1600ff .

Boss wasn't thrilled about spending 15k. We don't foam every day so it's tough but I'm working on him.
Posted: Feb 08, 2011 02:08 AM
if anyone cares,

Just gonna get the gas compressor serviced, and run my fresh air off a 5.2 cfm electric compressor.

Works for me! (except on the hot days not having the breathing air cooled anymore haha)
Posted: Feb 08, 2011 08:14 PM
bc,,,,,
you can make air cooler from an ice chest with a copper coil in it,,
air line to copper coil ends plumbed thru cooler side ,,ice in cooler...beer in cooler for end of day,,cool air out...hill billy chiller
Daniel X
Posted: Feb 09, 2011 12:54 AM
Probably a good choice... the new genset/compressor combos are nice, but then you've got a huge investment to cover...

We have one rig with an ff1600, a Honda gennie, and a Honda compressor... if we run supplied air I just use a 120v pump.
(we also have one of those fancy Graco outfitted trailers, but I prefer a truck with everything in it to towing everyday)

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.