Q&A Forums

No IB required Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Circle-D
Posted: Feb 02, 2011 10:01 PM
No IB required
Has anyone tried the Gaco Western Wallfoam 183. It supposedly does not require an IB in attic and crawlspace applications. I could not find and ICC report on it. Has anyone seen one or have a number for it.
How about the new Staycell Onestep product from Preferred Soulutions? Thanks for your input.
Lynn Mether
Posted: Feb 03, 2011 12:00 AM
I had a long talk with the guys from staycell a couple days ago. sounds like a good product but costs about .85/bf. about the same as dc315 paint costs per foot. however he told me I could put down 1.5 inches of 2 lb foam then .5 inches of staycell onestep and still be good to go. That gets you down to .425/bf I'm just trying to decide if its worth going back over the whole project with the foam gun or just spend the extra .425 and paint it.

Still pondering
Posted: Feb 03, 2011 07:42 AM
,,,uh,,,it was tested as a system
only over their 2 lb foam,,
so you have to apply their 2 lb foam as a base
then their staycell 255,,
unless things have changed,,,but this is part of this system tested crap that is shoot us in the foot,,,
furthermore,,,
i believe gw183 does hold icc-es paper now,,and i was emailed that they do have testing and approveal for exposed in attics and crawls,,,why not call your rep or the company,,they will forward you the documentation no problem...
there are many cc's that have attic and crawl approval,,find one,,save you and the customer some $$...
Circle-D
Posted: Feb 03, 2011 10:27 AM
Thanks guys,
Trading e-mails with the GW rep now. Reluctant to give pricing thru e-mail and didn't answer my ICC request either. We will see what happens. Sounds like the staycell may be more expense and pain in neck that it is worth. Time will tell.
Circle-D
Posted: Feb 03, 2011 10:32 PM
I was told by the GW rep today that the tests have all been passed but they have not gotten the ICC report yet. They are expecting that about March sometime.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.