Q&A Forums

Can I mix interior/exterior foam systems on the lid? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Steve Bednarski
Posted: Apr 22, 2010 04:21 PM
Can I mix interior/exterior foam systems on the lid?
Steve Bednarski
Posted: Apr 22, 2010 04:22 PM
Hi guys. Looking for some information on mixing an exterior foam roof on a low slope residential on only one side of structure, and then foaming the other slope of the roof from the interior. I do not have the ability to get to the low slope roof's underside without major gutting. Also, the low slope roof is not visible to anyone but Google Earth's satellites. I would have room to overlap at the peak of the roof by a few feet to guarantee a uniform seal. I would guess the roof would be 1.5-2.0" and the interior would be 3-4" 2#. Great Lakes area. Does anyone have any experience with this type of install? Does anyone see any glaring problems doing it this way? Any help is appreciated. Steve
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: May 10, 2010 09:12 PM
Steve,

I did one of my rental properties like this. 3 years and counting in northern NH and no issues. 3" on the exterior of the low slope roof would be better than 1.5-2". On the low slope roof, can you take down the soffit at the eve so that you can foam the area from the top plate to the underside of the roof? If you can, you should.

George

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.