Q&A Forums

biobased closed cell foam Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Nov 11, 2008 04:06 AM
biobased closed cell foam
there was a real nice mention of spray foam in the local sunday rags home section...
a local newbee sprayin biobased closed cell foam in a flood remediation situation...
nice pix too,,he was all "harleyed up " and sprayin away...

and there in the body of the text of the article...
"the biobased foams have less indoor air quality issues when compared to more common spray foams"

KRIPES ALMIGHTY!!!!!
MORE FALSE STATEMENTS ABOUT SPRAY FOAM FROM SOMEONE "TRYING" TO SPRAY FOAM...
MARVELOUS,,,SIMPILY MARVELOUS...

CONSIDER THE TRIPE THE LEAVES YOUR PIEHOLE BEFORE YOU RELEASE IT INTO THE WORLD!!!

stand by for some serious education on just what a biofoam is and what it is not....
thats right!!! education,, not bull******!!!

now lets go spray some foam...

'dude
Brian Ahrens
Posted: Nov 11, 2008 07:08 PM
Usually I sit back and read the posts but this one really got me going. I also read the article and was stunned by some of the claims that were made this one was the best."The foam uses no petroleum products and has less impact on indoor air quality than conventional spray foams" WHAT THE ----!! The spray rig in question has been through THREE different owners in the past two years due to shotty work and spraying less than bid. Last job done was large office building ceiling sprayed with no thermal barrier installed. dont know how they got that buy city officials but I walked away from that one, can you say future lawsuit if fire would ever happen. This is just another case of someone thinking they will get rich spraying foam. They dont realize the next job they may be laying on a board in a 130 degree attic trying to spray the top plate. This is not an industry for the weak of heart and just because you can get financing doestn mean you can spray foam. I cant even count how many flat out lies that I've had to dispell to customers. Just tell the truth and spray the proper amount in the proper places and your business will grow huge. For thoes pounding away set after set keep warm the busy season is upon us.
SPFer
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 04:03 PM
ATT,

I agree with everything you say. But, regarding that commercial ceiling with no thermal barrier. Bio-Based has the ICC firerating. By code, it can be installed in non-living spaces that are accessible only for access to mechanical systems without needing the thermal barrier. I do not know if this fits the cirumstances you were talking about, but it might be OK.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.