Q&A Forums

Bay Systems Foam Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 05:07 PM
Bay Systems Foam
Has anyone had any luck with Bay Systems foam? Looking at their .5#
Are there any other .5# foams out there better then Icy & Demilec?
Just curious to see what others are seeing.
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 08:51 PM
I sprayed some Lapolla Foamlok that did a very good job. I couldn't tell much difference between it and Sealection500. One thing I did notice was the vapor was terrible. We were spraying in the heat of the summer and everyone close to the house had the halo. Price was pretty close. D seams to offer some great support when it comes to code issues.
Arville Brown
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 10:03 PM
spraying SEALITE from ncfi. great product
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 11:51 AM
Spraying Bay Foam with very good results! Almost no odor, excellent production. I may be hooked on this foam.

Kenneth
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 06:02 AM
What have you been sparying? What about yield?
Seemed like it had some pin holes in it, but maybe that does not matter.
Does not off gas like the big D though.
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 09:19 AM
Spraying .5 lb Bay Seal foam, usual stroke count on E-30 is around 3570 per set. I have not had problems with foam performance to date that could not be quickly corrected by either minor temp or pressure adjustment. I hope this helps.

Kenneth
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 06:40 PM
Home Foam is better than Icynene. Plus, they tell the truth.
Luke Kujacznski
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 03:11 PM
hey guys thought you would like to know that Lapolla reformulated their 1/2 pound foam so the fums are considerable less. haven't sprayed the new stuff yet but I like that they continue to work on things. A very good company to work with
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 08:13 PM
we were spraying the new stuff back in July/Aug. the heat and humidity had something to do with the halo but those were some bad fumes.
Posted: Nov 21, 2007 08:07 PM
been spraying gaco western with good results this year
makes a really nice foam...blends well makeing a homogenous pillowy blend...i have seen very little pockets or stringy fingers with this product,,,,we have been able to lift out to 8" in a single pass overhead with little drip...
it is a catalyze at time of use product and so it stores well...but you may need to recatalyze if it sits a while following initial catalyzation and this home brewing may take some experimentation to get it down...(but who's foam doesnt slow down with time??)
we are just approaching colder application temps and will see how it performs when the weenies take time off....

you will notice increased incidence of halo in higher humidity environments,,,

jp,,spray foam systems do not "off gas" in the literal sense,,and it is good not to use that term so as not to confuse the uninformed or,,,more likely as of late,,,give those with competitive agendas fuel for their campaigns of misinformation and generalized tripe....
now air borne vapors and airosols (sp?)that linger till adequate ventilation occurs may indeed be the case,,but off gassing of a properly manufactured foam product, opencell or closed cell, does not occur..

for a good time....
google or wikepedia thermoset and thermoplastic...
enjoy

dude...
Posted: Nov 21, 2007 08:07 PM
been spraying gaco western with good results this year
makes a really nice foam...blends well makeing a homogenous pillowy blend...i have seen very little pockets or stringy fingers with this product,,,,we have been able to lift out to 8" in a single pass overhead with little drip...
it is a catalyze at time of use product and so it stores well...but you may need to recatalyze if it sits a while following initial catalyzation and this home brewing may take some experimentation to get it down...(but who's foam doesnt slow down with time??)
we are just approaching colder application temps and will see how it performs when the weenies take time off....

you will notice increased incidence of halo in higher humidity environments,,,

jp,,spray foam systems do not "off gas" in the literal sense,,and it is good not to use that term so as not to confuse the uninformed or,,,more likely as of late,,,give those with competitive agendas fuel for their campaigns of misinformation and generalized tripe....
now air borne vapors and airosols (sp?)that linger till adequate ventilation occurs may indeed be the case,,but off gassing of a properly manufactured foam product, opencell or closed cell, does not occur..

for a good time....
google or wikepedia thermoset and thermoplastic...
enjoy

dude...
Dwight Thevenot
Posted: Nov 27, 2007 10:52 AM
NexGen and I have been spraying LaPolla recently and the fumes are not bad at all. Most of the time overhead there is no drip hardly at all. I was very surprised. Their .5# has been doing well. It choked a little when it got cold a week or so ago, but we stirred it and brought it back.

Good luck.
quentin
Posted: Nov 28, 2007 07:40 PM
One job I have been on was UCSC .5 and the fumes were pretty well negligible and from my eye it had a good lift and quality. I have some vids of it being sprayed by the individual nice enough to let me check it out if anyone wants to see.
Rob Granger
Posted: Nov 29, 2007 08:48 PM
Foamdude,
Are you talking about 1/2 pound Gaco Western?

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.