Q&A Forums

attic glass removal Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
philip mullins
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 11:43 AM
attic glass removal
what tips do you guys have for removing the old fiberglass insulation from an attic? these are probably hard learned lessons. and some of you guys may not want to share ur knowledge on this subject. but, it would make things a lot easier for me since i am fixin to do this for the first time and cant think of a way that doesnt suck!

also, do i have to get every last piece out, or is it safe to foam over a little glass? like in the hard to get to places?

tx in advance.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jul 20, 2007 04:25 PM
Loose blown FG? Use a gasoline powered vaccuum and blow it into a dumpster. J&R products makes the kind of vacuum I am referring to. I imagine that one could be rented.

Blankets? Stuff them into 55-gal trash bags and tote them out to the same dumpster.

Hope that helps,

olger
Tim O'Keefe
Posted: Jul 20, 2007 09:25 PM
Get someone else to do it!

I won't touch the stuff. Makes me itch just thinking about it.

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
victor farr
Posted: Jul 29, 2007 05:18 PM
ive been looking to rent that gas powered vaccuum and cant find it anywhere. heck, i may just buy one and tell the local SPF installers ill do their vac'ing for them ;)
Dave Strnad
Posted: Jul 29, 2007 11:19 PM
Depending on the condition of the fiberglass, what the homeowner wants, and what the attic is like you could move an area, spray and then recover with the fiberglass. I've done it a couple times, in fact I have another one coming up this fall. It is a pain anyway around it, just make sure you included removal, disposal, etc. My first one I did't and by the time I was done disposing of everything I would of made more working at Mcdonalds. lol

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.