Q&A Forums

AP-2 Really? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Jun 28, 2012 10:12 AM
AP-2 Really?
Why do we need to create any further confusion, Gama/PMC called their new GAP gun an AP-2??

Couldn't we have just called it GAP3 or something!

All those newbies that call in for parts are going to say I have an AP gun - LOVELY!!
Emory
Posted: Jun 28, 2012 04:23 PM
has anyone tried the new AP/2 yet.
sprayaway

Posted: Jun 29, 2012 08:04 AM
Confusion?. I purchased my AP-2 last week and this aint no Gap Pro. The boys at PMC really did a great job! Thanks Guys! Dont worry, all the newbies that call in for parts wont be calling you.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Jun 29, 2012 10:08 AM
whoa, a little touchy...if that ain't a modified gap gun, then you don't know your guns.

But I am going to try one - so I know how it easy/hard it is to take care of.
Bob Silverman
Posted: Jun 29, 2012 05:24 PM
Hi Goddess,

Are you selling the ap2 gun? I am thinking about buying one and enjoy reading your posts so would buy from you.

Bob
Bob Silverman
Posted: Jun 29, 2012 05:24 PM
Hi Goddess,

Are you selling the ap2 gun? I am thinking about buying one and enjoy reading your posts so would buy from you.

Bob
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Jun 29, 2012 07:36 PM
Hi Bob - thanks! Nope I am a GRACO girl with a big mouth, lol. I sell GRACO that is, and your not allowed to sell the competition, however we all do trades on the side sometimes. I keep an open mind and closed mouth till I try it myself then it rolls the other way - closed mind > open mouth usually !! Like the studwall kit for the fusion ap gun - it sucks! Not going to sell somebody something that costs a bunch of money and works like crap!

I was just mad about the name of this gun, I pick up newbies all the time that got screwed on their rig and helping them on the phone when they have no idea what they got can be frustrating! I'm on vacation for the next 2 weeks > goodbye sprayfoam world - see ya mid July ...
Posted: Jul 03, 2012 11:13 PM
If you think the AP-2 spray gun resembles the Gap gun tan you you certainly need to do your homework, this gun is superior in design and performance an I think it is the best made gun since the Gusmer GX-7. Give it a try Goddess and ask me to supply them to you
Posted: Jul 03, 2012 11:18 PM
Give me a call, can get one out to you ASAP 908-907-0348 ask for Bill
Mark Mouton
Posted: Jul 04, 2012 07:20 AM
Will any of the parts on the Gap gun change out with the AP-2?
sprayaway

Posted: Jul 04, 2012 02:53 PM
Sprayfoam goddess,You state "If that ain't a modified gap gun, then you don't know your guns". So, I take it that you are an expert in the design of spray guns and you are so good that you dont need to look under the hood or test drive anything before you make a comparison. Really?

You also state "I was just mad about the name of this gun, I pick up newbies all the time that got screwed on their rig and helping them on the phone when they have no idea what they got can be frustrating!"

Really? "Mad about the name of this gun" "I pick up newbies all the time" "no idea what they got can be frustrating!"

Really?

Please, Sounds more like an old redheaded sea hag "frustrated" trying to pick up drunken sailors.
lol.....
sprayaway

Posted: Jul 04, 2012 03:20 PM
No, the parts on the gap gun will not change out with the AP-2.
Dennis Davidson
Posted: Jul 05, 2012 08:31 AM
Went to watch a demo of the AP-2 at Sprayworks a few days ago and bought one. Very simple and light weight. I don't really care what it's called or who is selling what. The parts sellers will have to figure it out, not me. If it works, with less maintenance and makes me money, I'm all over it. We'll be trying it out using both foam and polyurea.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Jul 06, 2012 06:50 AM
Acrylic55 - go eff off and play with your acrylic, really? making fun of my hair, are you a child? Jealous??
sprayaway

Posted: Jul 06, 2012 08:29 AM
Thanks, but I make more money playing with my AP-2 gun. By the way you forgot old sea hag, I would say "frustrated" but thats just obvious.
Posted: Jul 08, 2012 01:54 PM
Hey Acrlyic, like is she proud of the CS gun talk about a piece of ?;:&$, AP-2 gun will replace the fusion and is simple to maintain and operate.
********* BACK TO BASICS **********

NICE JOB TEAM PMC
Bob Silverman
Posted: Jul 09, 2012 06:55 PM
Wow, another new supplier pimping his products. At least goddess and other suppliers that post here answer alot of questions without trying to sell anything, just for the sake of helping others who haven't been trained properly. They don't just spam a bunch of the boards. That new pmc gun looks interesting, but there is nothing special about it, nothing revolutionary. A two piece mix chamber? Looks like a P2 with the fron tip attached. Gun comes off the manifold, shutoff valves, fluid section seperates from the air section, mix chamber attaches to the air piston, all like a fusion. Trigger similar to a GX-7. Replace the fusion, doubt it. CS a piece of #$!?, hardly. Cost effective? Pricing looks the same as a fusion. Any modern gun that the applicator is properly trained on is a good gun; Fusion AP, Fusion CS, Probler P2, GX-7, etc. The only thing that is new is that side seals and filters are together. How is this gun going to make the sprayers job easier? How much spraying have you done with a CS gun? That is the gun that makes us sprayers money. Perfect mix and pattern every time increases yield, reduces waste by minimizing cleanup and spraying smoother, flatter foam, and minimal drilling means 15% more spray time per day than drill time.

My two cents,

Bob
sprayaway

Posted: Jul 10, 2012 06:49 AM
Hi Longtime, Not to defend the supplier pimping his products on this post, however sounds like you took a peak under the hood. I would agree an applicator is properly trained on a gun is a good gun. Having owned and used all of the guns over the years listed above, I would say from first hand experience there are some major differences. For example: Cost in replacement parts, O-Ring Kits, spray tips, check valves, etc… far less of an expense when compared. I can say being lighter and smaller makes the sprayers life a little easier. Able to change pattern size without disassembly is nice to. Atomization is defiantly comparable to the GX-7. Having this affect out of an air purged gun has been absent when compared to the other guns. Have you noticed that the air ports are straight through from the air cylinder to the trigger assembly? I would say that’s new and unique. Revolutionary? Might be a little strong but they do have a good start. The gun dose perform and sprays nice, develops pattern on the spot, better response, atomization for air purged an A+, straight through air ports, easy to clean and less overall cost compared to other guns. We ran the CS for about 2 years, can’t say I miss it, cost too much for the cartridges and replacement parts, replacing the plunger, inter check valves, “inter check valves and ports are to small” + having secondary check valves just adds more cost let alone the price of Graco O-Rings! Not to say at all it doesn’t or didn’t work for us. I am just saying. Everyone has a preference for what they like and what works for them and there are no miracle spray guns. Bottom line, clean warm material, clean machine filters, temps, pressure and proper training all spray guns will perform. It’s just a matter of how well and at what cost? As the saying goes, You can’t judge a book by its cover. The AP-2 works for us.
mark moyer
Posted: Jul 11, 2012 08:11 AM
just another,,i got it and its the greatest,,,
what do you expect em to say,,,
and they all been doin it for years..
human nature,,god bless...

but about the seahag crap

if i was sysop you'd be outta here,,dont care how bad we need the posts,,there aint room on this board for that kinda crap,,we havent tolerated it in the past,,,and have all performed like ladies and gentlemen even when it wasnt warranted,,,its called class and civility,,,
remember dllrichard,,,what is so different here...
it is one thing to provide subjective posts regarding equipment and applications and the like,,,even better when you can provide objective observations,,,,but it is another to attack another person no matter,,,race,,sex,,color,,education,,lawn care,,

no reply needed unless you really dont get it..

sign this one

manstral
John Shockney
Posted: Jul 11, 2012 12:14 PM
Amend!!!

dude you said just what I was thinking!

Thanks

Airpro
Caleb DeFord
Posted: Jul 11, 2012 10:06 PM
BOOM chicka-wow-wow!
Dido here too, Dude.

Btw, I liked the way you responded most-reverend sprayfoamgoddess.

-Foamilyman
sprayaway

Posted: Jul 11, 2012 10:23 PM
Foamdude ,So the graco guys/girls on this post can dish it out but cant take it. I guess it’s ok to post a topic, discredit products, insinuate a bias and uneducated comparison without trying it and not expect to get you’re a#! handed to you. This is your idea of providing subjective posts, objective observations, class and civility. Hum? Your right, I don’t get it “sailor”.
Terrance Harris
Posted: Jul 12, 2012 02:11 AM
acrylic55. Well said. Hang tuff Bud.
mark moyer
Posted: Jul 12, 2012 06:44 AM
no acrylic,,
its like me calling you a pencil weenied roofer,,
it is an attack against you and your weenie self...
has nothing to do with graco,,ap whatever it is or your opinion about the threads topic

you are bein a bully,,,

you provided valuable info regarding the greatest gun since kyjelly and then blew all credibity by slinging drunkein sailor terms,,, for what reason it is not clear other than to show you have nuts and she dont..im impressed
very effective sales technique,,,if you cant out sell em hang your ball sac in their face...

for those of you from rio linda:
he dont get it,,,
sprayaway

Posted: Jul 12, 2012 07:46 AM
Foamdude, The topic and its intent was quite clear. You must be one of those guys that stop learning long time ago. Never tried to sell a gun here, just stated the facts. I won’t speak for one’s in rio linda, as the rest of the world moves forward you’ll be the one left cleaning the poop deck sailor.
mark moyer
Posted: Jul 12, 2012 02:21 PM
pissssssssss............
i your topic was right on,,and well taken,,that was my point,,
your daggers took away from your point and facts,,,you started the name calling,,what was the point...
and i will and am well content to swab the poop deck matey,,,
pisssssss,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
John Shockney
Posted: Jul 12, 2012 10:41 PM
dude,
it is time to move on, this guy just wants a fight and you know what happens when you get in a fight with a pig “you just get dirty and the pig enjoys it”

so let’s not lower ourselves to his level he will never understand the point we are trying to make

Airpro
sprayaway

Posted: Jul 13, 2012 08:57 AM
Like I said, the graco guys/girls on this post can dish it out but can’t take it. The truth hurts sometimes. Foamdude, I’ll give you a hint to fix the error code that you’re having with this. Airpro you might want to pay attention to. Wipe the overspray from your eyes and put your PPE on. Call tech support, call a friendly competitor, or even ask a friend, they can all tell you about the sticks and stones story.
“waaaaah” “waaaaah” “mom” “mom” Acrylic is picking on me “waaaaah”
John Shockney
Posted: Jul 13, 2012 08:46 PM
Acrylic

First of all I take offence to your sailor references, I am a sailor and until you step off a 42 onto an armed 70+foot drug laden boat in the dark with the seas running 8-10 foot rollers. You haven’t done anything. You should have more respect for the men and women sailors that have preserved our freedom for the past 236 years. Semper Paratus

Second I don’t like the hold Graco has on our industry any more than you do!!!

I have GlasCraft equipment that was built here in Indiana and it was the worst thing that happened when Graco bought the company. When I can no longer keep my equipment in good repair I too will look for equipment other than Graco.

But lowering this forum to name calling just makes people respect your opinion less, you started out making good points then you became the bully!

Let us get back to a civil discussion on the pros and cons of all the new equipment that is coming onto the market, we do need more competition!!!

Airpro
sprayaway

Posted: Jul 14, 2012 07:16 AM
Airpro, The topic post by goddess and its intentions VS my expression of the term used, clearly is not to discredit the sailors. Sorry if you feel you have to take offence to the term. I too have family that has and dose serve. So let me be the first to say THANK YOU!

My grandfather who had served said most of the sailors would always go for drinks the moment the ship lands into harbor. They are then given shore leave and so the only thing most of them have on their mind after being on a ship long is to go drinking. Throughout history the term has been used.
Maybe that's why whenever somebody's very drunk, they are said to be like "drunken sailor".

Drunken sailor is also a sea shanty. The shanty was sung to accompany certain work tasks aboard sailing ships, especially those that required a bright walking pace. It is believed to originate in the early 19th century or before, during a period when ships' crews, especially those of military vessels, were sufficiently large to permit hauling a rope whilst simply marching along the deck. With the advent of merchant packet and clipper ships and their smaller crews, which required different working methods, use of the shanty appears to have declined or shifted to other, minor tasks. "Drunken Sailor" was revived as a popular song among non-sailors in the 20th century, and grew to become one of the best-known songs of the shanty repertoire among mainstream audiences. It has been performed and recorded by many musical artist and appeared in many popular media. The song's lyrics vary, they usually contains some variant of the question, "What shall we do with a drunken sailor, early in the morning?" In some styles of performance, each successive verse suggests a method of sobering or punishing the drunken sailor.

Getting back to a civil discussion on the pros and cons with AP-2 gun.

So far the men have been using it daily. We have not had to perform any maintenance as of yet outside of daily filter inspection and dash of grease. Vary impressive!
John Shockney
Posted: Jul 14, 2012 09:24 AM
Acrylic,

I accept your apology, and I have seen firsthand the reason for the reference. Due to the high rate of alcoholism the life expectancy among retired sailors during the late 70’s was less than 10 years from retirement.

Also some constructive criticism: when you copy information you should place it in quotation marks and reference the source so people aren’t lead to believe that it is your own thoughts, it can also be called plagiarism.

We have been using GlasCraft’s Probler P-II gun for the last 7 years with few problems, most of the time it’s just grease it and go, also I would have to say that Graco’s upgrades have been good especially the safety piston lock. I hope that they continue to provide support for a good product. I could see some confusion between the names P-2, AP-2 for newbies.

Thank you

Airpro
sprayaway

Posted: Jul 14, 2012 12:37 PM
Constructive criticism noted: Ran behind this morning was easier. For those would like to know the source for “sea shanty” “ Wikipedia” Airpro also has the link.

Airpro, did not know about the life expectancy, (interesting). Just goes to show you can always learn something new in this business.

Glascraft’s P-2, good performing gun. I would say performs better that the other air purge guns in the past. Not sure how long they will keep it around.
mark moyer
Posted: Jul 15, 2012 01:02 PM
..and where do you wiki "seahag" sailorboys?????????
sprayaway

Posted: Jul 15, 2012 05:10 PM
Foamdude, Really? Still haven't got that error code fixed yet huh? Not sure if I should throw you a life proserver or an anchor. Just refer to wiki "seahag" right here. Good luck dude!
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Jul 15, 2012 10:45 PM
WOW - yall were busy little bees, all this commotion because I didn't like the name of the new gun - sorry.

Had a great vacation tho - me and the baby girl are TAN! LOL

Have a great week.
sprayaway

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 07:21 AM
Goddess, was a little more than the name of the gun. Being a distributer posting a topic (AP-2 Really?) VS how it’s perceived is insinuating, bias and to further make and uncomparable comparison without knowing what’s under the hood is misleading.

Goddess, don’t take this personal or as an attack. I see you know about “sticks and stones”, "makes you the better man than Foamdude"

“Koodos” Goddess for taking it in stride and bouncing back!

Airpro, can tell you’re a good dude too!

But Foamdude, “Man” having an identity crisis or what?

I think he’s going to need a hug today.
mark moyer
Posted: Jul 19, 2012 03:51 AM
aww,,,it aint worth the words..
SPFer
Posted: Jul 20, 2012 12:59 PM
I just read this entire thread and a large part of me has died. Don't think I will ever get it back.
John Shockney
Posted: Jul 20, 2012 03:06 PM
?
Emory
Posted: Jul 23, 2012 08:33 AM
used my new AP-2 gun on saturday it is a very nice spraygun well done.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Jul 25, 2012 01:52 PM
Bill - we've already done business before > you used to buy from me wayyy back, lol.

foamdude - luv ya - hope all is well - I'll be emailing ya next week.
angus mcdougald
Posted: Jul 26, 2012 09:50 PM
Let me be the voice of reason..... i have known and bought from both goddess and bill and both are great assets to their customers.

Graco is a piece of ****** company with some great product's due to what i personally believe is some unethical and perhaps illegal methods to gain monopoly control of our industry. When i went to texas to get authorized to spray at goddess's company the graco rep came in for a talk..... i told him i appreciate the quality of the equipment but i think their business practices were amoralat best. He nervously chuckled and said " yeah at graco if we cant beat them we buy them". I had heard that before about graco, and i found it outrageous that the concept is so ingrained in the culture of graco that some lowlevel rep was bold enough to say that to potential clients...... i also know that you areallowed to sell any competing products if you sell graco. So f them. I get orings from theoringstore.com the lithium grease from auto parts and when i can afford my next rig i will buy used or that pmc or other non graco outfit.

Bill is the man.... no joke. He is macgyver... he built his own roofspray robot, has sprayed anything you could put in a porportioner, he has been a real asset to me and if you are in this field in the nj/ ny area, you should get to know him.. parts for everything, trouble shooting , :material and equipment tech.....
If bill says the gun is good, its good. I definitely would have been sol if not for bills help.

Bill ,george, mason, and sprayfoam goddess are all good peoples( you know, they dont just see you as dollar sign every time you talk), and people like them keep this industry moving in spite of the monopolies, the price gouging, the luddite code inspectors, the filterglas lobbiests, the flyby nights etc.

As far as an adult male calling a women a seahag over some foamgun opinions, he must be a pos or been raised by a terrible mother, because thats not how gentleman act. You need a timeout ,some soap in your mouth , a belt, and no dinner

Angus
Posted: Aug 29, 2012 09:33 PM
Thank You Angus,that's what this forum is for to help each other
David Lamb
Posted: Oct 23, 2012 04:26 PM
I have had very good luck with the AP-2 gun and prefer the simplicity, precision and triggering speed to that of the Fusion A/P. Both are good guns but I find the speed, cleanliness and pricing of the AP-2 and it's parts to be quite convincing.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.