Q&A Forums

2# direct to metal Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Mar 01, 2009 09:49 AM
2# direct to metal
This is a great site with invaluable information and I would like to thank everyone for sharing there knowledge and experiences.

I have someone who would like the inside of his new E250 van insulated for a work vehicle.
I have 2# in my system. Do I need to prime this first? Should I put a polyurea coating over this as I wonder about the smell it may give off.
TIA
Posted: Mar 01, 2009 10:12 AM
We did this to several of our city delivery vans several years ago and it worked out great. We built a plywood compartment (not that you need it, but we were transporting seafood)just behind the driver and passenger seats and used 2 pound to spray on the walls, doors and ceiling. We didn't do the floor , because we slide pallets in all of the time and didn't want to have to put anything on top.

I then had a local bedliner place spray in place on the walls, ceiling and floor and after 5 years, the insides of the vans look a heck of a lot better than the outside.

If I can find the pictures of the install, I will email them to you.

Steve
quentin
Posted: Mar 01, 2009 12:34 PM
Mind adding me to that email? Kind of cusrious about that idea and may approach the local trucking companies with it since there are about 5 nearby me.
Posted: Mar 01, 2009 02:41 PM
Thank you Steve. I have both the foam (BASF) E-30 and the coating equipment EXP-2 on board my unit so it won't be a problem to do both. I was mostly curious about the foam adhering to the metal as I haven't done any of that.
We mostly spray well heads and pipeline risers and will wrap everything in shrink wrap before spraying.
I would love to see those pics if you can find them...Oh and you could also include some of that sea food,,,mmmmm
Dennis
Posted: Mar 04, 2009 07:42 AM
Well we sprayed the inside of that van. I have a couple of pics uploaded.
It took about an hour and a half to R&R all the moldings and mask things and about 6 minutes to spray. The foam really stuck well to the sides. Next time I will do the fenders as well.
Posted: Mar 04, 2009 01:18 PM
Hi D

I couldn't find the pictures of the Vans that we did pre Hurricane Katrina.

Sorry

Steve

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.