Q&A Forums

Yield Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Luke Kujacznski
Posted: Jun 28, 2006 05:37 PM
Yield
Can anyone give their approx. yields for 2 lb for. All manufactuers welcome. I am just trying to get a handle and industry average
Dave Strnad
Posted: Jun 29, 2006 05:47 AM
There are many factors that affect yield, having the proper equipment and knowing how to use it to maxiumize yield is very important. Equipment and operator could easily amount to 1000 bdft per drum set, do the math and you will want to get the best yield possible. Most manufactutures give estimates anywhere from 3000-6000 bdft depending on the blend 1.7, 1.9, etc. This depends on what you are doing, for residential walls and ceilings the 1.7 usually gives the best bdft. If you are spraying rooftops you would want a foam with a higher closed cell content.
Posted: Jun 29, 2006 08:20 AM
for 1.7 to 2.0's use 4000...this will give you a "fudge factor"
this time a year i see 4500 with the 1.9 i am applying but i estimate at 4000....

i believe the "closed cell content" number for closed cell urethanes stay pretty much the same as the DENSITY increases,,,it is the compressive/shear/tensil numbers that increase...

foam on....
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 07:08 PM
Last month we got 5735 ft² out of a set of 1.6. Pretty happy with that...

gcw
Posted: Jul 01, 2006 11:11 AM
olger,,,water based? how did it process..at what parameters??Rvalue of material??
thanx man
Luke Kujacznski
Posted: Jul 01, 2006 11:45 AM
Foamdude, whos foam are you spraying? I just did a test on my foam and figured I was getting 3600 bd/ft per set. Which I am not happy with.
Posted: Jul 01, 2006 12:54 PM
i dont like to post my suppliers on the open boards,,just weird that way...gives me more "artistic freedom" in what i can say while keeping the risk of pissing someone off lower...cause sometimes things are taken personally...and this can lead to strained relationships and un-needed stress and anxiety... (damn i feel like dr. phil)

EMAIL SENT LUKE!
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jul 04, 2006 05:24 PM
NAP foam, Mark. 6.9 R-per inch. We sprayed it in studwalls on a new house. We did not deduct for the studs. It seems to be a bit less boil-prone on hot days too. Smells a little like the old FSC foam.

all the best,

olger

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.