Q&A Forums

Yield Board Feet Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 11:34 AM
Yield Board Feet
I am new to the business and have a 20/35Pro. I am spraying Demilec open cell. Somewhere I was told that for every stroke on my machine, should equal about 9.37 board feet. So with that in mind, I should be getting about 1600 strokes to come out at the 15000 board feet per set. Every company claims they get better yield. I think they are all selling. Can anybody tell me how they figure what yield they are getting out of their machine? I know I can measure in the house, but that machine has to put the same amount out every stroke. Right?? Also curious about what other people are actually getting out of a set. What temps and pressures are they running.

thanks for the input.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 12:05 PM
Yield is a moving target for sure. There is no easy way to quantify your yield, unless you mark off a 100 ft² area and take accurate machine readings. It's easier on a clean roof than it is in a house, but it can be done. In winter, we got 6200 ft² from a set of 1-lb. foam, measured across 3-sets. It should do better in warmer weather.

You are right, manufacturers tend to inflate their yields by reporting optimum yields as if they were customary yields. The average is generally a bit lower.

We get 4000-4200 ft² from a set of NCFI Insulstar on studwalls. Maybe a bit more if we spray 3" in one pass.

gcw
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 02:49 PM
I was told that there is only about 3000sf per set of roofing 2.8#)foam or about 2000sf per set of 1.5" applied. Is this accurate???
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 03:23 PM
Yep.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.