Q&A Forums

What's your story? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Thomas Barbato
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 08:28 AM
What's your story?
i have read a lot of interesting things on this site regarding all kinds of issues. i've sprayed foam for close to 10 years most of which have been residential and some commerial building applications. i would like to hear about some of the more interesting stories of foam apps. done by my fellow Americans. so if you could take the time to briefly tell your unique story i'd love to hear it and i'm sure everyone else would too. thanks in advance.
Dennis Davidson
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 06:26 PM
Great topic!
I've been spraying close to 30 years and have a ton of stories. I'll just stick to one for now.
About 20 years ago we were on a big commercial interior job spraying foam and fireproofing. We needed a place to flush out our fireproofing hoses each day so I told the guys to use the empty foam drums and we would take them out whenever they were full. It was to far to run the hoses outside. Everything was going great until my brother sold a couple of our sets of foam to another contractor that had run short. I'm sure you can guess the rest. Their crew came to my job site and took one of the drums we had pumped fireproofing & water into. Naturally it had to be an iso drum. They didn't catch it until it was coming out the foam gun. Needless to say, they never called us again.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.