Q&A Forums

Used/Refurbished Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Chris Bartlett
Posted: Jun 26, 2013 03:02 AM
Used/Refurbished
Gentleman, I am very new to this industry but have been researching it for the past few years. Due to my location, lack of applicators and belief in the efficiency of this product, I have opted to join you folks. I have started this crusade by opting to build my own rig, which has progressed as expected. That said, I have been collecting each of the components and saved the most expensive for last. I had set my hopes on a E30 machine, which included nearly everything I needed, however, not unlike most budgets it is now getting tight. So I ask, is there anyone out there who sells descent equipment that has been refurbished. Im open to all ideas to include going with a smaller machine if its absolutely necessary. Any information would be useful. I will also try to avoid posting topics or questions which may have been covered in previous threads. Thanks in advance
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Jun 26, 2013 06:24 AM
Can you give me a call to discuss? I can give you a list of the most frequently used items, making sure you get everything you need, as well as a service center or mobile mechanic near you - your not obligated to buy. Just making sure you get all your options out there, we do have financing options too.

Robin 972.224.1515
Bob Silverman
Posted: Jun 26, 2013 11:30 AM
Where are you located?
Chris Bartlett
Posted: Jun 27, 2013 02:00 AM
Sorry for the delay in getting back on here, I work nights. I am located within the St. Louis area.

In the meantime I have been informed that purchasing used/refurbished equipment can be a risky proposition. This is no surprise to me. So I feel in all likely hood I will be purchasing a brand new machine. Undecided if it will be an E30 or an H25. For those of you who have been doing this for years, I truly would like your honest opinion and recommendations regarding which sales person or company to go with. For those sales people monitoring this forum, feel free chime in. Presently I am green enough that I have no allegiance to any particular company and am looking for good customer service with a competitive price.
Mark Mouton
Posted: Jun 27, 2013 07:23 AM
Purchasing used isn't that risky. When I first started, I bought used equipment. I just bought a second rig(used) for a decent price, no real issues.
You can find several E-20's, cause that's what a lot of people start with. We work it for 2or3 years and get a better understanding of our own needs to spray with, then buy another reactor.
Do you have a generator? What KW?
Are you wanting to go single or 3-phase?
Chris Bartlett
Posted: Jun 27, 2013 08:09 AM
To be honest, I am not entirely sure the benefits of single vs. phase three, however after reading thus far, I am inclined to go 3 phase. As for the generator it has been my intentions to purchase a 40 KW John Deere Generator, along with an electric 2 stage compressor capable of a minimum of 27 cfm. It has recently been brought to my attention that 27 cfm would would not be sufficient for a rig when considering the supply needed for the respirator. Because I have been looking at an E30 machine and believed it would require only about 15 cfm's I thought I had an adequate compressor picked out. Any helpful thoughts are appreciated. I can accept the criticism.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jun 27, 2013 08:41 AM
If you want to commit yourself to using the generator all the time, go with 3 phase. Graco equipment is basically the same if 1 or 3 phase. Without getting to technical, the hot legs are divided up to run 1 phase anyway. But the motor for your compressor will run better, longer if it is 3 phase. 3 phase motors start softer than single phase, and 1 phase typically use capacitors to help with the surge of power needed to start the 1 phase motor. You want to make sure that you size your generator correctly, oversize the gen and you will use extra diesel, under size and you will starve your equipment for power. Remember that all of the air and power requirements that you read are max requirements at full flow. So you are considering taking the respirator air out of the compressor through a filtration panel? That is a great system. The Bullard CAB system with hood is sweet. It comes with a "cool tube" that cools the air to the hood by 20 degrees which makes an amazing difference in the summer. It requires 15 cfm. If your 27cfm compressor had a good size storage tank and was a constant run, 100% duty cycle rating, and you were only using it for one person, it would be just enough air for everything. I have a customer with an H25 and the CAB system using a 7.5hp Kaeser rotary screw comp working great. The Kaeser is rated for 33cfm I believe. Great unit, on the high end of the price, but you get what you pay for. If you can find someone within driving distance to get your equipment and training from, that is ideal. Providing that you feel comfortable with that company of course. Make sure that they have a spray technician at that location to answer your questions and assist you after the sale. There are some big box companies out there with dozens of locations with only a tech or two for the whole county. How long will it take for a call back if you are shut down on a job? I am sure that you will get alot of "private" emails from salespeople looking for your business. Ask the right questions and make sure you buy from someone who knows how to operate the equipment that they are selling. Give me a call if you would like.

George Spanos
President
Spray Foam Distributors of NE Inc
george@sprayfoamsupply.com
clint moore
Posted: Jun 27, 2013 02:03 PM
Awesome, I too am from The St. Louis area, across the river, not Illinois. Any way there is a company located in Springfield, Mo. that handles your area. I know they sell used and refurbished equipment as well as new. Try giving Jerry a call toll free at 866-652-9975. I'm sure he or one of his associates can help you out with your needs and training.
Chris Bartlett
Posted: Jun 27, 2013 02:11 PM
Thanks everyone for the input. I will be calling Jerry soon as it appears he is kinda a "go to" person in this region.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Jun 27, 2013 08:46 PM
Speaking of cool tubes...George - have you tried the CT30? It goes 30 degrees ...gonna try it next week - 118 in Phoenix lets put it to the test!!
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jun 28, 2013 12:28 PM
Haven't tried it yet, but 30 degrees would be awesome!

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.