Q&A Forums

Upgrades Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Oct 01, 2013 02:59 PM
Upgrades
Looking at possibly upgrading some of my equipment. I have an H20/35pro and spray with P2s. Haven't done much roof foam but have done a lot of wall foam and polyurea roof coatings. The project is going to take a unit that can handle 410' of hose. My pump can holy handle 310'. Any recommendations out there for good roof foam machines to replace the 20/35?

Also, interesting in a good roof foam gun. How is the Fusion? Any others that would work well?
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Oct 01, 2013 03:03 PM
I guess I also need to ask about a good supplier. I'm in KY and used to work with a company out of GA that doesn't appear to be in business anymore. Would like someone close that we could work with personally.
Brian Bothun
Posted: Oct 01, 2013 09:40 PM
That new Revolution Machinery machine looks promising. It's a spin off of the Boss machine 35 lbs output upgradeable to 14k heaters comes with a 3 year warranty on everything but the packings. Handles 410' feet of hose. Thats what I will be purchasing come spring anyway.

that sure sounded like a sales pitch..
Jesse Michalski
Posted: Oct 03, 2013 09:24 AM
The fusion gun works well for roofs.

I read an article in Spray Foam Magazine awhile back and they were showcasing a highrise roof project on the East coast. The roof was so nice I was compelled to read on to find out what they sprayed with. I can't remember the name of the gun, but it had a slightly Oval pattern, and the owner of the company swore by it. I will see if I can find the name of the gun and let you know.

It's mostly about technique in the end. Blending the rows is probably the most challenging part for guys. If you can get in a rhythm where you are laying consistent widths on your rows, then when you blend, you can find the sweet spot. If your rows are different widths as you move across the roof, It's going to be difficult to produce a flat product. I have found that the Fusion gun works just fine for roofs, although some will disagree.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Oct 08, 2013 09:19 AM
That's interesting Brian, 3 years hhmmm, who is making this?

Newby - Fusion is the simplest gun, however most roofers use the GX-7 for higher output and better mix. As far as replacing your 20/35 why? Are you wanting to do both polyurea and foam - I'll do a trade in on the 20/35 or get it fixed up - it can handle 410' - maybe you just want more heat? Email me. I can also hook you up with our MO office.
Posted: Oct 10, 2013 02:17 PM
I have to agree with Goddess, why get rid of the 20/35. The Fusion gun is the lowest maintenance and most cost effective to maintain. A lot of roofers do prefer the GX-7A for the reasons mentioned, it is more complicated and has a few adjustments to get used to, but is not rocket science. If you would like a second opinion and or support feel free to call. I am in Ga. and very likely worked for the company you had done business with. 706-818-1942
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Oct 14, 2013 11:27 AM
The GX-7 gun is the gun from hell. But it has some bad points too.

:)
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Oct 14, 2013 09:36 PM
Very true! Newbies to that gun snap PCD's and gun blocks!
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Oct 17, 2013 09:16 PM
Olger, it has been a while since i've been active here but we spoke some back then and I seem to recall you were a probler fan???
Gerard G
Posted: Dec 03, 2015 07:35 PM
You said it Gerry!!! I sprayed with the GX-7 for years. While it may atomize foam the best (maybe) all the teflon parts are a nightmare not to destroy once they have crystilized iso on them. I begged for a purge pot for the gun because I believe it would have saved on down time but the 8 small ports in the mixing module I am sure would have still become clogged. If you want to spray a flat slab like foam roof the Binks 43P is the way to go if your proportioner can support it. Ether purge line, light weight and about as simple as it gets. No gun down time ever and the best foam laid you have ever seen. Pretty much puts so much down it self levels. 30 year old foam roofer I worked with for a few years introduced me and all I can say is wow. I had a distributor show up with a GX-7 on my job swearing by it and had a few associates convince/strong arm me in to mounting it and spraying with it. I did it to please them and as soon as they left job and gun clogged which was in about an hr the #$%@#$% gun came off and the fusion went back on and finsihed job with no problems. I know a lot of guys swear by it but I just do not see it. Sorry if that offends any GX-7 guys.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.