Q&A Forums

Tips on removing Iso from concrete Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Dionisio Torres
Posted: Oct 16, 2009 10:53 AM
Tips on removing Iso from concrete
Anybody have any tips on removing Iso from a concrete slab foundation. We were spraying a home under construction and my whip A-side hose began leaking. Any tips will certainly help. I dabbed the Iso with a cloth and then with some Dynasolve CU-5 gel but an apparent "wet" spot remains. Will this ever dry up? Urgent suggestions please!!
mason
Posted: Oct 16, 2009 11:10 AM
I am afraid the iso will make a permanent stain on the concrete. You can sandblast the affected area, but it will also leave a discoloration from the other unaffected areas.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Oct 17, 2009 11:57 PM
We had alot of overspray on a slab one time and we had to sand the area with a palm sander and some 60 grit paper. You probably have a spot that looks wet because of the CU-5. I would try the sanding.
Dionisio Torres
Posted: Oct 20, 2009 12:06 PM
Thanks for the tips. I am finding out that the best way to remove the ISO is by letting the acid-stain contractor apply his acid. The acid eats away a thin layer of concrete and exposes the ISO. I then come in with a sander and scraper to remove the ISO. A second application of acid might be necessary though.
jimcoler

I have over 10 years of experience specifying and installing open and closed cell spray foam. I've sold my business but I'm still selling for the new owners and consulting on large and custom specific jobs. 

I've expanded my knowledge into t

Posted: Oct 22, 2009 06:42 AM
Try paint stripper. We used it on a small area and you can't even tell it was there anymore.
clint moore
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 01:01 PM
Have you tried TSP(TriSodiumPhosphate).
mason
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 03:52 PM
Let us know how the situation turns out. I would be very interested to know if any of the suggestions work for you.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.