Q&A Forums

Time on Jobs? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Jeremy Himmel
Posted: Dec 06, 2006 11:45 PM
Time on Jobs?
Hello foamers i have recently hired two new spraymen with several years experience in spraying foam along with myself as supervisor. I am just working on the number of days involved in spraying a 6000 sq.ft. house, 3 stories 10',11',and 12'walls respectively. Along with spraying 2" directly down on the ceiling, NOT the roof deck, I know I tryed to talk him out of it, but directly on the sheetrock it is. I am inquiring roughly on the number of days you guys would budget for this type of job in order to test my men on their will to work in this business, simply because i have been told that my expectations are above standard. Please note that in about 800 sq.' the roof deck will be done above bonus rooms, and that the house is cut up as hell with a ton of patchwork to seal the living area off from the attic. There is between 4 and 5 sets of foam to be sprayed (5 budgeted). Any suggestions on the number of days a job like this would take with your crew{s} would be greatly appreciated, i figure 3-4 days. Thanks fellas.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Dec 07, 2006 07:55 AM
There are numerous variables in your question which do not easily lend themselves to analysis.

Do you have two spray machines on site?
What is the depth of the studs?
What density of foam?
What is the temperature likely to be during the project? Men work slower in cold than they do in comfort.
Will there be any trimming involved? How will you do that?
Do you have to seal around windows?
Do you have to perform an air seal on framing?
Who will mask? How long will it take them?
How many attic kneewalls are there, and how will you insulate them?
What sound-proofing is needed on the job and will you be doing it?
Do you have the necessary latitude for extras incurred by the cut up areas? YOU SHOULD.

all the best,

olger
Thomas Kasper
Posted: Dec 07, 2006 10:05 AM
I have a small machine and I usually work alone. On a good day I can spray one set. I don't hire anyone unless they can save me the amount of time on a job campared to the amount of time that I pay them.
Good Luck
Posted: Dec 08, 2006 07:56 PM
If you can get this done in 4 days, then please start a school that I can send my guys to. It would take them 6-7 days.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Dec 08, 2006 09:17 PM
A 5 set cut up job would take us 6-7 8 hour days to spray.

George
Posted: Dec 12, 2006 07:32 PM
Foam addict,
Do you spray open or closed cell?
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Dec 12, 2006 09:45 PM
My three guys can spray a minimum of a set a day. We could be close to a set and a half or even more if we had the second set recirced and ready to go when set one is finished. We haven't made that step yet.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.