Q&A Forums

Spraying from the outside into bays Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Scott Plantier
Posted: Jun 28, 2009 03:20 PM
Spraying from the outside into bays
Hi,
I'll have a chance to remove siding and sheathing and then be able to spray into the bays. Should I remove every other 1x12 sheathing board, lean in and spray the inside face of sheathing boards above and below, then replace the board and spray it from the next removed board? Or should I just spray the backside of the plaster and lath?
With 7500 degree days what would these walls require of either 1/2 or 2 pound to prevent condensation?

The interior finish is still intact so they're keeping the plaster on. I guess spraying the lath would make for some permanent plaster!

Thanks,
Scott
Steve Bednarski
Posted: Jul 01, 2009 08:52 PM
Scott, I have the same type of situation in my own personal residence. My plan is to remove all exterior siding and sheathing, rewire what I can, and then install 1/2" fanfold foam board to the interior backside, then spray 2.5" of 2# CC to the foam. I would guess that this will take care of the 'permanency of the plaster/wallboard, and keep the insulation barrier intact if I do any repair work from the inside at a later time. Let me know how it goes...
Steve

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.