Q&A Forums

Spray foaming pier and beam foundation Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Rusty
Posted: Dec 09, 2016 04:12 PM
Spray foaming pier and beam foundation
I own a 1930 bungalow a block from the beach in Rockport, Tx. We don't freeze much but we do have high humidity and high heat into the 90s. The first 2 ft of my house is open with only lattice skirting and then the foundation. I want to spray foam under the house for winter and summer. What procedures do I need to know to make sure this is done correctly? Thanks, Rusty
mason
Posted: Dec 10, 2016 03:10 PM
I am very familiar with Lockport having surfed Port Aransas for decades when I lived in Texas.
Closed cell SPF is your best bet for insulating the underside of the floor in your particular situation. The contractor installing the foam is the most important element in getting a good job performed.

There are 3 major foam suppliers in Houston (closest supplier to Lockport) BASF, Covestro (formerly Bayer Material Science) and LaPolla. Get a list of their certified contractors and compare. If the same contractor is recommended by more than one it is a good sign. Also email me. masonknowles@aol.com and I will send a copy of an article I wrote on Selecting a Contractor.

Good luck.
mason
Posted: Dec 10, 2016 03:11 PM
I mean Rockport, automatic spell checker changed it to Lockport for some inexplicable reason.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.