Q&A Forums

Spray foam under a slab Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 07:14 PM
Spray foam under a slab
I was wondering if closed cell foam could be used under a slab floor instead of sheet foam boards.
Frank Bood
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 10:21 PM
Yes it can and has been done a few time with no issues. I think its better because there are no seems. And it makes for a very nice and easy day with good profit.....
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 05:54 AM
yes it can,,,
side to side seamless
higher rvalue than boardstock
greater psi rateing if useing 2.0 or greater...
reduction/prevention of soil borne gasses...
hydronic tubeing clips fasten fine,,plumbers say better,,,(higher psi,,uh derr)

if you add up the "cracks" between the sheets of board stock...as well as the "missing pieces" around the plumbing and footings and the likes you may as well as leave a 1/2 a sheet out of the floor...nice install eh?...
our product applies right up to the penetrations/footings...side to side seamless..

haveing shot a few in all types of conditions:
a few pearls....
if you cant spray foam flat,,dont spray slab on graded,,,
i prefer a compacted 3/4 road stone or the like...graded and compacted,,we are only as good as our grade provide,,,make the cement guys get it good so you look good as that is what will be looked at,,your foam...if it is "all over the place" it will be the foams fault,,not the crappy grade you shot on,,you have a choice,,use it...(nice guys get rammed)
i do not like sand or limes waste or fill grind or other fines,,,this stuff holds the moisture and is more prone to give you problems with blisters....it can be done,,but requires more juice and time...

this is a solid system,,we have slabs over 15000sq ft with heavy equip on the decks above...
we have shot for frost protected shallow foundation configurations,,,hydronic heat or not,,this is a superior system to board stock..

use this system to get your booty "into the house"...offer a dime off the system if you are foaming the structure above,,,then be damned sure you shoot it good...

hope this helps...
'dude

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.